Electric Consumption by state

Page 2 of 2<12
March 18th, 2023 at 4:23:05 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
the volcanic activity that was so devastating left what are called 'the traps' ... which were made by 'flood basalt events', a type of volcanism that we have no example of today in any form. The earth's crust seemed to just open up for these events, what caused that? There are the Siberian Traps and the Deccan Traps

What might happen in worst case man-made climate manipulations, I don't know, but I have a little skepticism about pulling up the 'the great dying' for comparisons. On the other hand, the dying off of 'megafauna' when modern humans arrive on the scene is a good reminder for me that we should not underestimate our potential, though I maintain skepticism about a 'crisis'.

Regarding the wipeout of megafauna, it's interesting that it seems to take the very latest of human variety to get it done. Just watched something on the Neanderthals, and they were living in eco-harmony with such, woolly mammoths for one, for something like 100-200,000 years. We wiped the Neanderthals out too ... and many other Homo variants too, we know now. Some H. Erectus populations are now thought to have been around up to 40,000 yrs ago, maybe even more recent. The extinctions of North America, Australia, and Madagascar really point the finger for the megafauna aspect, it's so consistent

from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megafauna#Megafaunal_mass_extinctions
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
Page 2 of 2<12