The Trump Arrest thread

Page 3 of 85<123456>Last »
March 19th, 2023 at 10:01:55 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: SOOPOO
Whether or not you are a candidate running for any political office is (or at least should be!) irrelevant to a district attorney. If there is evidence of a crime that the DA thinks is strong enough to convince a jury beyond a reasonable doubt, then charge and prosecute. My wife has been reading all the tweets/blogs/stuff and is convinced he will be arrested on Tuesday. She wants me to take her out for a celebration dinner.
I still don’t think he gets convicted of anything. Good luck in trying to find 12 open minded individuals when it comes to Trump!

Our lives are more similar than we know. My wife said she is going out and buying a bottle of champagne to celebrate.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 19th, 2023 at 10:07:39 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
The Hollywood comments are the most fun to read.

I remember growing up they used to program us that the Russians were coming, the Russians were coming.

School drills included getting under the desk, like that was going to prevent a nuke.

Well, the Russians never did come.

They never were coming.

It was a scare tactic, like they did with Trump and the Russians.
March 19th, 2023 at 10:31:03 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288

Yeah, he seems SUPER stoked about all this!

Trump forgot to use the "peaceful" in either of his call to protest posts. Golly gee. It's almost as if he's oblivious to what happened Jan 6.

You know, if there had been no violence that time, I could find it excusable.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 19th, 2023 at 10:42:30 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Stable genius, party of one.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 19th, 2023 at 11:15:59 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
"My great record..."

LOL, the guy is a legend in his own mind.
March 19th, 2023 at 11:36:12 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
It's interesting that Vivek Ramaswamy the super smart guy who's running against Trump in 2024 has come out and said that this arrested thing is obviously political and has nothing to do with any crime. It's already been thrown out of every other jurisdiction that tried to make something out of it and this guy in New York has a personal Vendetta against Trump that he's acting on. Right-wing pundits are also saying that if Ron DeSantis does not come out and say the same thing he doesn't have a chance. If he doesn't also call it the political charade that it is nobody will take him seriously. Now everybody is saying if Trump gets arrested on camera he's the next president and if he goes to some kind of trial and it's televised he'll win in a landslide. Trump has the same gigantic advantage that Teddy Roosevelt had when he had space between his first and second terms. Everybody knew the kind of President Teddy Roosevelt was going to be just like everybody knows what Trump will do and most people are really missing him now because Biden has screwed up everything.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 19th, 2023 at 11:59:32 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Evenbob
It's interesting that Vivek Ramaswamy the super smart guy who's running against Trump in 2024 has come out and said that this arrested thing is obviously political and has nothing to do with any crime. It's already been thrown out of every other jurisdiction that tried to make something out of it and this guy in New York has a personal Vendetta against Trump that he's acting on. Right-wing pundits are also saying that if Ron DeSantis does not come out and say the same thing he doesn't have a chance. If he doesn't also call it the political charade that it is nobody will take him seriously. Now everybody is saying if Trump gets arrested on camera he's the next president and if he goes to some kind of trial and it's televised he'll win in a landslide. Trump has the same gigantic advantage that Teddy Roosevelt had when he had space between his first and second terms. Everybody knew the kind of President Teddy Roosevelt was going to be just like everybody knows what Trump will do and most people are really missing him now because Biden has screwed up everything.

So, people are supposed to decry an arrest that has not happened yet? And, the only news there are some unhinged rants by Trump? Maybe wait to see if there is an arrest and the official list of charges before decrying something.

Most of Trump's predictions are wrong, so I would feel safe assuming his supposed coming arrest Tuesday is also wrong.
March 19th, 2023 at 12:20:14 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
"Most people are missing" Trump now?

Really?

Not in NYC.

Not in Atlanta.

Not in DC.

Keep playing that piano while the Titanic sinks.
March 19th, 2023 at 2:52:04 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Gandler

Most of Trump's predictions are wrong, so I would feel safe assuming his supposed coming arrest Tuesday is also wrong.

You better hope it's wrong because if it happens it's just icing on a cake. A new poll shows that 52% of Americans approve of Trump and that's from both parties and independents. If that poll is correct he cannot lose the election unless they cheat again and steal it. Which would be much harder a second time.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 19th, 2023 at 3:20:35 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
You better hope it's wrong because if it happens it's just icing on a cake. A new poll shows that 52% of Americans approve of Trump and that's from both parties and independents. If that poll is correct he cannot lose the election unless they cheat again and steal it. Which would be much harder a second time.

Theoretically it’d be MUCH easier a second time with a Democrat-appointed attorney general and control of the DOJ.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
Page 3 of 85<123456>Last »