The Trump Arrest thread

March 20th, 2023 at 6:18:25 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
Scared man not-so-cryptically calls on his supporters to harm the DA.

Hmm
Does Trump think the "Lock her up" chants was a crime of "INTERFERENCE IN A PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION"
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 20th, 2023 at 11:14:15 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
I have to laugh at the MAGA idiots in the house, led by Jim Jordan, who claim they are opening a probe of the DA investigating Trump in NYC.

What a hoot!

These idiots don't realize they have ZERO jurisdiction in the matter.
March 20th, 2023 at 1:39:55 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: missedhervee
I have to laugh at the MAGA idiots in the house, led by Jim Jordan, who claim they are opening a probe of the DA investigating Trump in NYC.

What a hoot!

You are right, but sadly they do have jurisdiction in the media and society, They can never win in court but they believe they can win in the court of public opinion.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 20th, 2023 at 1:49:49 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: missedhervee

What a hoot!

Call more attention to Donny’s crimes and indictments. Sounds like a great plan.

Gym Jordan has been a major flop thus far. The righties had such high hopes in his comittees…
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 20th, 2023 at 2:06:49 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
You are right, but sadly they do have jurisdiction in the media and society, They can never win in court but they believe they can win in the court of public opinion.

It's a true witch hunt and I think the people will see this. So funny that Trump constantly complained about witch hunts which was complete BS
We will hear testimony that nobody is above the law.
We will hear testimony that they go where the evidence leads them regardless of the status of the target.
Does Gym Jordan really want to go there.
I got the popcorn out
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 20th, 2023 at 4:10:21 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Headline

Trump Critics Slam Looming Indictment as ‘Nonsense,’ ‘Partisan,’ Say It Will Help Him in 2024

Even the people on the left know what's going on
and do not want this to happen because it will elect
Trump. You cannot make a martyr out of and already
popular candidate and not expect his popularity to go up.
This is how stupid the Trump derangement syndrome
Democrats are. They actually think it's going to hurt Trump.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 20th, 2023 at 4:19:37 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
What happens if (when) Trump does not get arrested tomorrow?

Are all of the Trumpers going to shut up about it? Or will they still go on how the system planned to arrest him and his bravery to speak out is the only thing that stopped it? I think I know the answer.....
March 20th, 2023 at 5:59:34 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Gandler
What happens if (when) Trump does not get arrested tomorrow?

It really doesn't matter whether he gets arrested or not, all the publicity he's getting surrounding this is doing the same job. It's galvanizing the Republican party like nothing before and it was a brilliant move on his part to put it out there. Donald Trump's understanding of how the media works never ceases to amaze me.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 20th, 2023 at 6:09:58 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Evenbob
It really doesn't matter whether he gets arrested or not, all the publicity he's getting surrounding this is doing the same job. It's galvanizing the Republican party like nothing before and it was a brilliant move on his part to put it out there. Donald Trump's understanding of how the media works never ceases to amaze me.

It is doing a brilliant job increasing the level of terror threats for something that may not happen, and if it does will be very routine. Trump is turning a speeding ticket into Tiananmen Square. It is only brilliant in the sense that his low IQ supporters are rallying around their idol because they think he will be taken away.

I actually agree that an arrest would be good for Trump (maybe bad for the Republican party overall depending on fracturing, debatable, unless we see it play out). But, this is more of a sign of the sad state of affairs than of Trump's brilliance.

Trump is a career criminal, so one of his more minor crimes coming back to bite him (maybe, we are taking his word for it, which is worth close to nothing), is a nothingburger. Ethically speaking of course he should be arrested. Politically speaking, this will probably be good for him (and it is not like he will spend any time in an actual jail.... He will basically be prison larping).

Of course, I also understand the DA's perspective that this is the time, because you can't really arrest a President, and with the fear of him becoming President again, and then being very old the window is running out.... But, is this the hill to die on? I don't know.
March 20th, 2023 at 7:21:06 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Headline

Trump Critics Slam Looming Indictment as ‘Nonsense,’ ‘Partisan,’ Say It Will Help Him in 2024

Even the people on the left know what's going on
and do not want this to happen because it will elect
Trump. You cannot make a martyr out of and already
popular candidate and not expect his popularity to go up.
This is how stupid the Trump derangement syndrome
Democrats are. They actually think it's going to hurt Trump.

I’ve yet to see anyone besides EB say that this will help Donny win in 2024.

I’ve seen lots of people say it will help him win the GOP nomination- because GOP primary voters are crazy and not bright. But the 2024 general election? Just sourceless EB ramblings.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman