Data sharing.

Page 1 of 212>
March 23rd, 2023 at 9:17:47 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
There's a hearing about TikTok collecting data for China.

But who says we want our data shared with anyone?

The only way you can stay anonymous and buy anything is to walk into a brick and mortar store and use cash. You literally, can't do it any other way these days. I do think that sucks for everyone. Maybe everything will turn into a Sam's Mart where you have to purchase a membership and you won't be able to stay anonymous at all.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 23rd, 2023 at 9:27:45 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Just don't let them access your DNA.
March 23rd, 2023 at 9:43:15 AM permalink
rxwine
From a non-voluntary basis, there is not much you can do from giving up your identity, including DNA. All they need is a cup you drank out of for that. They can look at the large databases already available and narrow it down to close relatives. That's how they helped track down the identity of the guy who allegedly killed the 4 college students. He didn't have a criminal record, but they were able to narrow down suspects that way.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 23rd, 2023 at 10:09:38 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: DoubleGold
Just don't let them access your DNA.

Quote: rxwine
From a non-voluntary basis, there is not much you can do from giving up your identity, including DNA. All they need is a cup you drank out of for that. They can look at the large databases already available and narrow it down to close relatives. That's how they helped track down the identity of the guy who allegedly killed the 4 college students. He didn't have a criminal record, but they were able to narrow down suspects that way.
Yes, if you don't want them to find out you murdered somebody, you must tell all your relatives to not commit felonies ... and not send samples off to sites that will evaluate whether you are descended from a Viking or something LOL
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
March 23rd, 2023 at 10:14:47 AM permalink
rxwine
Being ID'd isn't even my biggest gripe. That they sell your info so other retailers can have a go at you. The idea that one actual business may keep a record of my buying proclivities related to their product at least is more tolerable.
March 23rd, 2023 at 10:23:24 AM permalink
DoubleGold
One way they can get it, is to test for COVID.
March 23rd, 2023 at 10:25:22 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine

Easy solution. Just stay home and grow your own food and don't leave the house.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 23rd, 2023 at 10:32:55 AM permalink
DoubleGold
No need to be concerned about them entering your home.

All they have to do is pretend there's a nasty virus and you'll show up and give them your DNA for free (with your gasoline).
March 23rd, 2023 at 11:12:41 AM permalink
rxwine
Someone could bump into you and barely scrape the back of your arm and get your DNA. You can’t let any trash leave your home including feces down the toilet They could get it from that as well.
March 23rd, 2023 at 11:50:03 AM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
A world has been created where it’s impossible to grow from small business to large business while having any reasonable moral compass about data collection and use.
Page 1 of 212>