Twilight Zone, 4th series

March 23rd, 2023 at 9:56:27 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Evidently this was available streamed in '19 and '20, now it's shown up on the SyFy channel

I'm probably going to try to see all the episodes, and have seen 4 so far, in order,

“Point of Origin“ . Season 1. I aborted early, it was too heavy on the “Spoiled Karen has it coming” theme for my taste

“Ovation” . Season 2, yeah they bounce you around. Didn’t finish it, though it wasn’t bad. You already knew what the ending would be, and it wasnt engaging me otherwise.

“The Blue Scorpion” Season 1. Finished this one,
The magically-powered gun clearly was expected to tempt this guy to commit suicide, gaining complete control of him. Then that all dissolves away, why? Surprise endings are OK with me, but not by abandoning the story

“You Might Also Like“ . Season 2. Also finished this one.
Another spoiled woman, but the things that were happening to her made it interesting, though those were fairly outlandish, very early 50s science-fiction-ish things. After breaking away from the mind control, and learning aliens want to kill and eat everybody, she goes eagerly to her doom anyway. I don’t think they wanted her to seem suicidal, but if they didn’t, they should have showed better how she was still under mind control

So you can tell I am watching this hoping for some good episodes not ruined by the ending. The writers for each have been listed as the same, Rod Serling, Simon Kinberg, and Jordan Peele, who is also the host. Serling is quite dead, so that leaves Kinberg and Peele. Very modern young guys here. Having the same writers for each, if that keeps up, might explain why it didn’t do so good [I take it]. Yes, surprise us with the ending if you want - but not by just walking away from it!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2583620/episodes?season=1&ref_=ttep_ep_sn_pv
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
March 23rd, 2023 at 11:30:28 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: odiousgambit
Evidently this was available streamed in '19 and '20, now it's shown up on the SyFy channel

I'm probably going to try to see all the episodes, and have seen 4 so far, in order,

“Point of Origin“ . Season 1. I aborted early, it was too heavy on the “Spoiled Karen has it coming” theme for my taste

“Ovation” . Season 2, yeah they bounce you around. Didn’t finish it, though it wasn’t bad. You already knew what the ending would be, and it wasnt engaging me otherwise.

“The Blue Scorpion” Season 1. Finished this one,
The magically-powered gun clearly was expected to tempt this guy to commit suicide, gaining complete control of him. Then that all dissolves away, why? Surprise endings are OK with me, but not by abandoning the story

“You Might Also Like“ . Season 2. Also finished this one.
Another spoiled woman, but the things that were happening to her made it interesting, though those were fairly outlandish, very early 50s science-fiction-ish things. After breaking away from the mind control, and learning aliens want to kill and eat everybody, she goes eagerly to her doom anyway. I don’t think they wanted her to seem suicidal, but if they didn’t, they should have showed better how she was still under mind control

So you can tell I am watching this hoping for some good episodes not ruined by the ending. The writers for each have been listed as the same, Rod Serling, Simon Kinberg, and Jordan Peele, who is also the host. Serling is quite dead, so that leaves Kinberg and Peele. Very modern young guys here. Having the same writers for each, if that keeps up, might explain why it didn’t do so good [I take it]. Yes, surprise us with the ending if you want - but not by just walking away from it!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2583620/episodes?season=1&ref_=ttep_ep_sn_pv

The TZ just by its format introduced a lot of interesting and even philosophical concepts. A well written show in that format with good acting and stories should always do well.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?