In the News II

Page 3 of 333<123456>Last »
March 28th, 2023 at 10:41:36 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
All things considered, dudes don't get time to don the whole swat gear, they're fairly vulnerable doing that.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 28th, 2023 at 10:48:27 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: ams288
Video of the Nashville PD taking down the shooter.

https://youtu.be/Ue2tZa4hT0c

I wish we got to see more videos like this. Might make these nutsos think twice.

Puts those Uvalde cowards to shame.

Why would they think twice? This person's entire plan was to kill people---followed by death. I'd say they executed exactly what they intended to do...other than the relatively low body count...which they might have thought would be higher. Probably not a great shot.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
March 28th, 2023 at 10:55:04 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Mission146
Why would they think twice? This person's entire plan was to kill people---followed by death. I'd say they executed exactly what they intended to do...other than the relatively low body count...which they might have thought would be higher. Probably not a great shot.

Do they all plan to die? Some of them are surely delusional enough to think they will survive.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 28th, 2023 at 11:10:20 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: ams288
Do they all plan to die? Some of them are surely delusional enough to think they will survive.

Maybe, but this one specifically expressed that it was the intent to die that day. In fact, someone took their Twitter message as being a suicide note. Well, suicide is half of the murder-suicide plan.

I don't know if the death by cop was intended. They obviously had no chance of escape. Perhaps they just couldn't muster up the courage to put one in their own temple, or perhaps, wanted to try to take a couple cops with them on their way out.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
March 28th, 2023 at 11:12:54 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Gotta think most of these fiends have serious issues with depression.

When you feel hopeless your world-view can change, and the normal checks and balances of behavior get lost, confused, and discarded.

Excellent video of the cops taking down this crazy bitch: textbook example on how to do it.

Wow, why couldn't they be this good in Uvalde?
March 28th, 2023 at 11:32:43 AM permalink
rxwine
Maybe, but this one specifically expressed that it was the intent to die that day. In fact, someone took their Twitter message as being a suicide note. Well, suicide is half of the murder-suicide plan.

I don't know if the death by cop was intended. They obviously had no chance of escape. Perhaps they just couldn't muster up the courage to put one in their own temple, or perhaps, wanted to try to take a couple cops with them on their way out.

The shooter could have moved faster, but fortunately didn't. I don't know how fast classrooms were locked up, but I imagine it didn't take too long for teachers to figure it out.

Even though I know what shots sound like, I know I would hesitate for probably 5-10 seconds still trying to process that sound in an elementary school. Just so unexpected. But then I'd be on it shutting the students in, and barricading the door, and whatever else they are supposed to do.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 28th, 2023 at 11:48:52 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: rxwine
The shooter could have moved faster, but fortunately didn't. I don't know how fast classrooms were locked up, but I imagine it didn't take too long for teachers to figure it out.

Even though I know what shots sound like, I know I would hesitate for probably 5-10 seconds still trying to process that sound in an elementary school. Just so unexpected. But then I'd be on it shutting the students in, and barricading the door, and whatever else they are supposed to do.

Is it unexpected?

My fiancee came into the bedroom with our news segment song, "Get under a desk, run away, it's the school shooting of the day, it's the school shooting of the DAAAAYYY---YAY---AY!"

We're cynical like that. Really, the song goes, "Mass shooting of the day," but we change the lyric to school when it's a school.

I can fight, but I am absolutely no flipping commando. No meaningful weapons training other than just basic aiming and shooting...and I don't even carry...I can say I've definitely gotten to the point where I'm more observant of where peoples hands are, and things like that, anytime I'm in the grocery store or somewhere fairly crowded.
March 28th, 2023 at 12:08:41 PM permalink
rxwine
Is it unexpected?

My fiancee came into the bedroom with our news segment song, "Get under a desk, run away, it's the school shooting of the day, it's the school shooting of the DAAAAYYY---YAY---AY!"

We're cynical like that. Really, the song goes, "Mass shooting of the day," but we change the lyric to school when it's a school.

I can fight, but I am absolutely no flipping commando. No meaningful weapons training other than just basic aiming and shooting...and I don't even carry...I can say I've definitely gotten to the point where I'm more observant of where peoples hands are, and things like that, anytime I'm in the grocery store or somewhere fairly crowded.

I’m just talking about the initial surprise, and sudden paradigm shift in the day. Of course, there’s some neighborhoods where kids have to worry about being randomly shot everyday of the week, and school is the safest place. I won’t say getting shot in a private school is any better, but the reality is it’s much worse for some kids more of time depending on where they live.
March 28th, 2023 at 12:10:51 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
A couple of weeks ago in Calgary, Canada 2 cops were shot and killed. They were picked off before even reaching the house that 911 had received the call from about domestic violence about. They never even had time to draw their weapons. The shooter then killed himself.

This of course must be fake news because we all know that Canada has gun control laws and that stops shootings and that all cops are bad and always the aggressors and deserve what they get.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 28th, 2023 at 12:14:15 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: kenarman
A couple of weeks ago in Calgary, Canada 2 cops were shot and killed. They were picked off before even reaching the house that 911 had received the call from about domestic violence about. They never even had time to draw their weapons. The shooter then killed himself.

This of course must be fake news because we all know that Canada has gun control laws and that stops shootings and that all cops are bad and always the aggressors and deserve what they get.

Definitely. One isolated account always negates decades of statistics on violent crime. You sure owned those Libs with that one.
Page 3 of 333<123456>Last »