Sex Change Impossibility Theory

Page 6 of 9« First<3456789>
March 31st, 2023 at 10:01:03 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: Mission146
I agree that they become obsolete if the person dies. I accept that one must physically be alive in order to do all of the other stuff you said. You still have failed to attempt to answer why life has inherent value or why the continued propagation of the human race is a worthy goal unto itself.

I didn't imply life has inherent value, other than the point I made, or why the propagation of the human race is a worthy goal.

I'd have to consider those questions.
March 31st, 2023 at 10:03:50 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Do you care every time someone dies? A ton of people die, every single day, why should I care about one category of people over others?

Yes.

I don't know if you should or shouldn't care.

I can tell you the reason I care and many others.
March 31st, 2023 at 10:44:18 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Quote: odiousgambit
what a biased article! right off the bat, it's "Those who would deny individuals like Grimm their civil rights" instead of something like "who advocates say they would deny individuals like Grimm their civil rights"

from an outfit at NBC called NBC OUT, which google tells us, "NBC Out elevates the conversation surrounding gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and queer life and culture". So what do you expect.

but includes the below, which allows me to add to my list of professional organizations that talk to legislators, influence doctors and medical facilities, and take stands in court cases and that sort of thing ... that take activist stands

>>>

John Hopkins Medicine

Quote:
will join a growing number of leading academic medical centers this fall in offering gender-affirming therapies for transgender patients, including sex reassignment surgery and hormonal treatment as part of a range of support options available.
emphasis mine

Mind, Ed's next post will say he still thinks there are no activists

I agree.

I was only posting it because it was the source of the pdf of the other side.
March 31st, 2023 at 11:58:29 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: DoubleGold

The psychiatrist believes in providing psychotherapy as the solution for patients considering changing sexes and not the physical changing of sexes by a surgeon.

A mental solution instead of a physical body solution.

I should have been more clear.

That's almost certainly fine. One should see the psychologist who is going to pursue the course of medical action that one thinks is best.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
March 31st, 2023 at 11:59:46 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Yes.

I don't know if you should or shouldn't care.

I can tell you the reason I care and many others.

I'm not as certain as you that there is a should as if it is some sort of option. I think one either does, or does not.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
March 31st, 2023 at 12:27:17 PM permalink
DoubleGold
I'm not as certain as you that there is a should as if it is some sort of option. I think one either does, or does not.

So you have the same philosophy as abortion, execution, euthanasia, etc.?

It's interesting, some might think I'm prejudice against people getting ready to choose to change sexes.

It's the opposite.

To preserve their life, even if they're different.

Similarly, with the people that encourage the surgical sex change philosophy, are they encouraging death?
March 31st, 2023 at 1:31:01 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator

So you have the same philosophy as abortion, execution, euthanasia, etc.?

It's interesting, some might think I'm prejudice against people getting ready to choose to change sexes.

It's the opposite.

To preserve their life, even if they're different.

Similarly, with the people that encourage the surgical sex change philosophy, are they encouraging death?

I'm quite in favor of abortion, if you want to know the truth. On balance, abortions are significantly cheaper than people being born. An abortion costs, like, one MONTH of public education. There is also less demand for necessary items, such as consumable foodstuffs, the fewer people that there are, so the price should decrease...or not increase as rapidly.

I'm not opposed to the death penalty and would actually expand it to include aggravated/forcible rape and child molestation, but only if there is STRICT physical evidence. In other words, the requirement for the death penalty, for anything, would be proof beyond ANY doubt, not just a reasonable one.

Of course, I would extend to all prisoners the right to commit doctor assisted suicide, by choice, anytime they wish. Much cheaper than incarceration.

I would generally be opposed to euthanasia. I can't think of an instance in which I would favor it, but I suppose I can't rule out the possibility of a really determined person coming up with something.
March 31st, 2023 at 2:36:49 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
You still have failed to attempt to answer why life has inherent value or why the continued propagation of the human race is a worthy goal unto itself.

If I were a gay man I would marry you.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 31st, 2023 at 3:11:19 PM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
Hey double gold do you ever give anything a rest bro.
March 31st, 2023 at 3:32:37 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Let's say that there is no such thing as transgender, there is only Gender Dysphoria. If surgies and hormone treatments make people suffering with this disease feel better about themselves, who cares?

If the argument that your brain is your brain, and you should accept yourself for how you are born is consistent, then wouldn't 99% of psychiatry be pointless? (No meds for depression, live with it, no meds for anxiety suck it up, narcolepsy, too bad, hopefully you don't have to drive). And, to take the argument to the next level, if you are supposed to feel that you should comply with your genetic code (as the argument continues to say), well I hate to break it to the big brains on here, but your genetic code indicates a large degree of diseases and attributes that encompass you mentally and physically. So why treat anything at all, let's all live like "Christian scientists" and live and die as we were born.

(I don't agree with any of the above paragraph, but that is what this argument from the right entails.)
Page 6 of 9« First<3456789>