BUD (the King of Beers)

May 26th, 2023 at 1:18:16 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
Ummm....if the females played with the males, then the males were also playing with the females.

Uh, no. Not if you understand what "she plays with the boys" means.

If a girl plays with a group of boys, say 1-2 girls and 5-6 boys then they are girls who "play with the boys." Some girls do this because they either like what the boys are playing better or even at a young age do not want to be around the cattiness of the other girls.

You rarely see a boy who "plays with the girls." Just does not happen all that much.
The President is a fink.
May 26th, 2023 at 2:00:35 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Uh, no. Not if you understand what "she plays with the boys" means.

If a girl plays with a group of boys, say 1-2 girls and 5-6 boys then they are girls who "play with the boys." Some girls do this because they either like what the boys are playing better or even at a young age do not want to be around the cattiness of the other girls.

You rarely see a boy who "plays with the girls." Just does not happen all that much.

Sounds like you spend way too much time watching children play with each other!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 27th, 2023 at 6:23:41 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
No.

That's good to know because your are in the center politically.
May 27th, 2023 at 6:27:43 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: ams288
Sounds like you spend way too much time watching children play with each other!

Great post!!
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 27th, 2023 at 6:28:38 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Ummm....if the females played with the males, then the males were also playing with the females.

I added the words in quotation marks to be more clear.

When I was growing up, the words in the quotation marks were not required to convey the desired meaning.

So a different generation might have missed my meaning.

------------------------------

That's not what I recall.

I had a couple of "masculine" female friends that played games with the "masculine" males.

But I don't recall having any "effeminate" male friends that played with the "effeminate" females.

May 27th, 2023 at 6:43:44 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: DoubleGold
I added the words in quotation marks to be more clear.

When I was growing up, the words in the quotation marks were not required to convey the desired meaning.

So a different generation might have missed my meaning.

That's not what I recall.

I had a couple of "masculine" female friends that played games with the "masculine" males.

But I don't recall having any "effeminate" male friends that played with the "effeminate" females.

Growing up, I'd usually have been running with the guys. Also, the girls who played with us---of which there were quite a few.

If I didn't see any boys playing games exclusively with the girls, then I think one possible reason for my not seeing that is the fact that I wouldn't have been there at the time. There were certainly a few less rough-and-tumble boys who I didn't seem to ever see outside of school, so maybe that's where they were.

We had some cool girls when I was growing up, I can tell you that! We had a few who played tackle football and smear the...um...attack the person carrying a football for no reason game. They weren't as strong as the strongest of us guys, but they held their own and were about where the average boy amongst our crew might have been.

We also did backyard wrestling and had a few cool girls who participated in that with us.

Point being, when I went to college and started hearing about this gender spectrum stuff, it wasn't terribly difficult to believe or digest. I'd seen it! The girls who ran with us would say stuff like, "Why do I want to take clothes off and on Barbies all day?"

That said, I don't know that every single theoretical point along the gender spectrum necessarily needs to be its own gender. That's mainly why I find the made-up pronouns annoying and pointless; if that's a person's big hangup, then the person should just ask that everyone refer to them by name. That's easy enough.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 27th, 2023 at 6:47:48 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Growing up, I'd usually have been running with the guys. Also, the girls who played with us---of which there were quite a few.

If I didn't see any boys playing games exclusively with the girls, then I think one possible reason for my not seeing that is the fact that I wouldn't have been there at the time. There were certainly a few less rough-and-tumble boys who I didn't seem to ever see outside of school, so maybe that's where they were.

We had some cool girls when I was growing up, I can tell you that! We had a few who played tackle football and smear the...um...attack the person carrying a football for no reason game. They weren't as strong as the strongest of us guys, but they held their own and were about where the average boy amongst our crew might have been.

We also did backyard wrestling and had a few cool girls who participated in that with us.

Point being, when I went to college and started hearing about this gender spectrum stuff, it wasn't terribly difficult to believe or digest. I'd seen it! The girls who ran with us would say stuff like, "Why do I want to take clothes off and on Barbies all day?"

That said, I don't know that every single theoretical point along the gender spectrum necessarily needs to be its own gender. That's mainly why I find the made-up pronouns annoying and pointless; if that's a person's big hangup, then the person should just ask that everyone refer to them by name. That's easy enough.

Completely different from my experience. As kids I do not ever remember a single girl playing with the boys in the neighborhood. It was very controversial when one girl joined the Little League Baseball league.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 27th, 2023 at 6:53:07 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: DRich
Completely different from my experience. As kids I do not ever remember a single girl playing with the boys in the neighborhood. It was very controversial when one girl joined the Little League Baseball league.

That would have sucked. Unless you can get to full teams per side, the more the merrier, for backyard football.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 27th, 2023 at 7:01:54 AM permalink
DoubleGold

I think the masculine children naturally separate from the effeminate children, possibly because the primary activities are different.

I do remember one boy.

His name was Damien.

I'd see him at birthday parties, based upon school, not neighborhood.

He walked differently, his voice was different, and he used hand motions often when he was speaking (like the wave of a hand).

Now that I look back, I should have gone out of my way to make him feel comfortable.
May 27th, 2023 at 7:20:13 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

Through elementary school and through much of the later grades we literally didn't have a choice. Girls were given separate activities, or we were split off by adults. The kids in school certainly weren't left to make the decision. My best friend from about 2nd grade on was the only boy in his family with 4 sisters. None of them could play with us as his parents wouldn't allow it. So, still no choice.

We did occasionally have some girls show up in our backyards while playing outside. I guess their parents weren't watching them. Interestingly enough gender specific toys were developed by toy makers in the 1940s not because they specifically appealed to one sex or another, but that toy makers discovered parents would buy a "set" of toy products if they marketed them more towards a specific group.

By junior high, no one was watching anyone as closely so more kids did what they wanted than before left to their own devices. Not all kids of course. But it was less controlled than before.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?