BUD (the King of Beers)

Page 4 of 23<1234567>Last »
April 8th, 2023 at 5:16:14 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: Gandler
I love how all you guys on the right became obsessed with reading into the markets to see if bud will tank in the last two days. I guarantee nobody on the left cares either way.

Heck, there are companies out there that I think are genuinely evil and I don't follow their value. The fact that a rainbow beer can (IE a nothingburger) is causing this outrage and obsessive pattern following is pretty silly. If this is what is causing drama in your heads and not what they did during the World Cup, you need to reevaluate your sense of morals. Of all the things to hate bud about, this is not something that should be causing this level of alarm or obsessiveness.

Would you provide an example of an evil firm?
April 8th, 2023 at 6:04:22 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I have DoubleGold blocked now. Imagine my amusement when I clicked on this thread just now and saw NINE HIDDEN POSTS IN A ROW by him with no one else commenting in between.

Find a new hobby my dude!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 8th, 2023 at 6:15:14 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: DoubleGold
Would you provide an example of an evil firm?

Dupont is an easy one.

AirBNB, Uber, Phillip Morris, RT, AJ, TikTok, are some other easy examples.
April 8th, 2023 at 6:20:17 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Quote: Gandler
Dupont is an easy one.

AirBNB, Uber, Phillip Morris, RT, AJ, TikTok, are some other easy examples.

For DuPont de Nemours, Inc. (DD), would you be more specific why they're genuinely evil?
April 8th, 2023 at 8:23:12 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: ams288
I have DoubleGold blocked now. Imagine my amusement when I clicked on this thread just now and saw NINE HIDDEN POSTS IN A ROW by him with no one else commenting in between.

I have had him blocked for a bout a month now. Nine in a row is not even his record. He will amuse you over the next few months.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 8th, 2023 at 8:41:03 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Quote: ams288

From the annual report (20F) I previously posted.

A link showing an image of BUD's performance relative to the previous year.

Clearly, inflation (cost of sales) is affecting their otherwise normal profits.

--------------------------

https://imgur.com/1BLc1wT

--------------------------
April 8th, 2023 at 9:09:18 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: DoubleGold
Are you referring to Ivanka Trump, his daughter?

If so, do you have a reference so I know what you're referring to?

Yeah, he literally said she's got a great figure. What do you want?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EPEkk6qWkg

Would you deny these quotes?

If Trump didn't have access to money, he'd probably be one of those Evangelicals prancing their kids around on one of those child beauty pageant shows and drooling over the five year old kids of other guys...if not his own.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
April 8th, 2023 at 10:20:13 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Quote: Mission146
Yeah, he literally said she's got a great figure. What do you want?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EPEkk6qWkg

Would you deny these quotes?

If Trump didn't have access to money, he'd probably be one of those Evangelicals prancing their kids around on one of those child beauty pageant shows and drooling over the five year old kids of other guys...if not his own.

Thank-you.

I don't deny the literal quotes.

It doesn't bother me at all because I know Trump.
May 22nd, 2023 at 4:42:25 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I saw an example of unacceptable advertising for beer (well I am against any alcohol advertising, but let's set that aside), I saw a truck last week that was a SC based brewer and talked about it's history in it's slogan where it referenced the Civil War as the "War of Northern Aggression". Completely unacceptable. Will I buy cases of their beer and shoot them? No, because I am over 12.

This is the company:
https://palmettobrewery.com/about/

"The original Palmetto Brewery survived the hurricane of 1886 and the earthquake of 1887, it even survived the Civil War, but did not survive the prohibition in 1920. The brewery closed in 1916 due to bankruptcy and that was the end of beer being brewed in Charleston for almost 80 years."

That is the slogan, however on the local truck "Civil War" is replaced by "War of Northern Aggression". And, then some wording about reopening in the 90s.

To be slightly fair, upon calling the company they claim this has not been used in over 10 years (and based on the age of the truck and the fading of the paint, this could just be a legacy paint job), but even 10-20 years ago such a phrase would be unacceptable.

Now as upset as this disgusting behavior makes me, would I buy their beer? Maybe (their IPA actually sounds good), but will I complain about their advertising in a professional manner? Absolutely. This is something the right does not seem to understand because their default response is hive mind mob mentality.
May 22nd, 2023 at 4:54:37 PM permalink
DoubleGold
I continued to drink Bud after their 2016 commercial:

---------------------------

"By the way, BUD had a transsexual TV commercial as early as 2016."

http://diversitytomorrow.com/thread/3796/2/#post200481

---------------------------

But putting a transsexual on a custom made beer can offended me as a consumer because it's reverse discrimination.

That's why I won't drink another Bud.

They should have left the can alone.
Page 4 of 23<1234567>Last »