Religious belief drops

Page 2 of 9<12345>Last »
May 21st, 2023 at 2:43:02 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DoubleGold
Religion could be the remedy of mental illness.

It could be correlated that the drop-off in religion referred to in the OP, and a change in society, such as the transsexual movement, young men being single, fentanyl drug addiction, gen-Z suicide rates, marijuana legalization, etc.

I kind of agree here. Transpeople are mentally ill by any reasonable standard. If a person is religious they are taught a few things while some differences have common threads. One is that there is a higher power than man. Another is you are who you are and need to accept that. Still another is that there are things we cannot change.

But in modern thought we are telling the transpeople that they can change their gender (true only if one does not believe in science) and all will be well. Or the woke crowd calling men "she" even though they know better. Enabling is never good for the person with a problem (more simple science) so the illness gets worse and worse.

Religion springs up in most all societies over history, so to call it a mental illness is a bit of a strange idea.
The President is a fink.
May 21st, 2023 at 3:23:46 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Not forcing religious people to live the way I live. Stupid anti trans bigots not doing the same. Trying force them into a mold.

Once that ends, you'll have an argument.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 21st, 2023 at 4:08:18 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
Not forcing religious people to live the way I live. Stupid anti trans bigots not doing the same. Trying force them into a mold.

Once that ends, you'll have an argument.

An anti-religion bigot calling people bigots. That's good one! The trans community is the one forcing things on people. Mentally ill people forcing people to ignore science to accommodate them.
The President is a fink.
May 21st, 2023 at 4:13:03 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Mentally ill people forcing people to ignore science to accommodate them.

Anti-vaxxer says what?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 21st, 2023 at 4:17:52 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
I kind of agree here. Transpeople are mentally ill by any reasonable standard. If a person is religious they are taught a few things while some differences have common threads. One is that there is a higher power than man. Another is you are who you are and need to accept that. Still another is that there are things we cannot change.

But in modern thought we are telling the transpeople that they can change their gender (true only if one does not believe in science) and all will be well. Or the woke crowd calling men "she" even though they know better. Enabling is never good for the person with a problem (more simple science) so the illness gets worse and worse.

Religion springs up in most all societies over history, so to call it a mental illness is a bit of a strange idea.

Also, it could be places like AA, NA, rehab, prison, etc. are receiving the previous religious folks in similar amounts.

So instead of attending the religious institution place of worship, they attend meetings in jeans and drink coffee.

But both participate in faith to keep sanity.
May 21st, 2023 at 4:24:41 PM permalink
rxwine
An anti-religion bigot calling people bigots. That's good one! The trans community is the one forcing things on people. Mentally ill people forcing people to ignore science to accommodate them.

Trans people aren't passing laws in states against themselves. So you're the one for forcing people.

And you're a religious bigot against muslims from what you've said before. So that's religious bigotry.

You pretending science is your friend is hilarious every time you say it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 21st, 2023 at 4:59:57 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Trans people aren't passing laws in states against themselves. So you're the one for forcing people.

And you're a religious bigot against muslims from what you've said before. So that's religious bigotry.

You pretending science is your friend is hilarious every time you say it.

Trans people are passing laws to force men to be allowed into women's sports, restrooms, and other places. So they, not the rest, are forcing.

I have stated my problems with islam. And it is backed up. You are anti-all religion (except islam?) so please do not lecture me.

Science is my friend. Junk science (like global warming) is just that, junk. You pretend to believe science when it suits you but ignore it when it does not. So again, no lectures from you.
The President is a fink.
May 21st, 2023 at 11:19:50 PM permalink
rxwine
What you don't get is, I don't have to believe in anyone's religion to allow them to live in their lifestyle. Nor does their belief require proof of science to live that way.

All we do in this country, if you ever got a clue which you obviously never will, is allow people to live their lifestyle as much as possible be it religious or anything else. Has nothing to do with making them prove that lifestyle is entirely correct. If it did you'd probably be in trouble.

Widespread various religious beliefs that can't possibly be true at the same time are allowed as lifestyles as much as possible in this country. So, stay on he wrong side about allowable freedom, as you seem to like it there.
May 22nd, 2023 at 2:42:07 AM permalink
AZDuffman
What you don't get is, I don't have to believe in anyone's religion to allow them to live in their lifestyle. Nor does their belief require proof of science to live that way.

All we do in this country, if you ever got a clue which you obviously never will, is allow people to live their lifestyle as much as possible be it religious or anything else. Has nothing to do with making them prove that lifestyle is entirely correct. If it did you'd probably be in trouble.

Widespread various religious beliefs that can't possibly be true at the same time are allowed as lifestyles as much as possible in this country. So, stay on he wrong side about allowable freedom, as you seem to like it there.

It is not about "letting them live their lifestyle." It is about changing the definitions of words to what "woman" even means to accommodate their mental illness.

I am confident I am the one who will be on the right side of things. Sadly it will be when the current collapse of western society is complete that we will see that. The next great society will be in their history classes saying, "They let people just decide they were the opposite gender? What were they thinking? How did the same society put a man on the moon?"
The President is a fink.
May 22nd, 2023 at 5:26:57 AM permalink
rxwine
It is not about "letting them live their lifestyle." It is about changing the definitions of words to what "woman" even means to accommodate their mental illness.

I am confident I am the one who will be on the right side of things. Sadly it will be when the current collapse of western society is complete that we will see that. The next great society will be in their history classes saying, "They let people just decide they were the opposite gender? What were they thinking? How did the same society put a man on the moon?"

They let people act and live as if an invisible being exists and talk to it in public from the highest offices in the land. Because you can get away with that without violating separation of church and state.

Nothing crazier than that.
Page 2 of 9<12345>Last »