Religious belief drops

Page 9 of 9« First<6789
May 29th, 2023 at 1:34:18 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: missedhervee
As science ascends, religion descends.

A question of balance.

I would say that science is dropping like a rock right now, certainly not ascending. We are back to persecuting anyone that presents an opposite explanation. The use of the term 'the science says' is usually a huge red flag for the fact that it is BS now.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 29th, 2023 at 2:07:23 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
I would say that science is dropping like a rock right now, certainly not ascending. We are back to persecuting anyone that presents an opposite explanation. The use of the term 'the science says' is usually a huge red flag for the fact that it is BS now.

Sounds like you’ve been drinking too much Clorox!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 30th, 2023 at 2:44:01 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

At some point the left made science politics. And their politics is their religion, closing the circle.

I have seen them here saying science proves atheism. When you counter they go nuts. Where is it written that science demands atheism? It doesn't. But bigots use the argument to justify their hate.
The President is a fink.
May 30th, 2023 at 3:01:09 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
The double slit experiment might have been the inflection point of science.

The behavior of light changing when an observer's conscious is focused.

Kind of difficult to explain that one.

They used to think we had a big-bang.

Now they think we're in a black hole.

------------------------

I see a pattern, but my imagination cannot picture the maker of that pattern. I see a clock, but I cannot envision the clockmaker. The human mind is unable to conceive of the four dimensions, so how can it conceive of a God, before whom a thousand years and a thousand dimensions are as one?

- Albert Einstein

------------------------

We're like fish in a fishbowl.
May 30th, 2023 at 3:28:25 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Science should be based upon non-evil persons that don't have to eat.
May 30th, 2023 at 5:58:23 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
At some point the left made science politics. And their politics is their religion, closing the circle.

I have seen them here saying science proves atheism. When you counter they go nuts. Where is it written that science demands atheism? It doesn't. But bigots use the argument to justify their hate.

Atheists aren't required to prove something doesn't exist that's never been shown to exist. Atheists with some free time engage with the idea for recreation.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 30th, 2023 at 6:02:30 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

Plenty of people talked about wanting Fauci removed, instead of a advocating for alternate views. So, just because they couldn't punish him doesn't mean they weren't willing to.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 30th, 2023 at 7:45:48 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
Plenty of people talked about wanting Fauci removed, instead of a advocating for alternate views. So, just because they couldn't punish him doesn't mean they weren't willing to.

Righties still can’t explain why Donny never fired Fauci.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
Page 9 of 9« First<6789