Google: People Also Ask

Page 4 of 67<1234567>Last »
June 8th, 2023 at 9:08:10 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
There are a few places that specialize in wine grapes grown out of volcanic eruption areas.

The taste is supposed to be better than average but possibly less than premium areas in France.

The critters (Soil Food Web) allow the minerals to be used by the vines, some from deep down.

Some plants have deep rooting systems, but it seems the life in the soil that does the magic.
June 9th, 2023 at 3:21:41 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
'his nibs' is used in the game of cribbage, but I don't think that's the origin of usage. Some of my acquaintance like to use the term for the appearance of someone they don't like, as in "here comes his nibs"

>>>

what does his nibs mean?

: an important or self-important person. usually used in the phrases his nibs or her nibs as if a title of honor.

Where did the saying his nibs come from?

The OED says the origin of “his nibs” is obscure, but it might have come from the slang term “my nabs,” meaning “my gentleman” or “myself.” The word “nab,” according to the OED, refers to a head or a coxcomb (a fop or a dandy). The word “nib,” of course, refers to a bird's beak or the business end of a pen.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
June 10th, 2023 at 5:51:59 AM permalink
odiousgambit
I think the below means if you use a rocking chair it is an additional 25-50 calories an hour you burn

>>>

how many calories do we burn at rest?

We burn approximately 75-100 calories when we rest and do nothing. A person who is standing or fidgeting will burn more calories per hour than someone who is sitting. If an individual does nothing, they will burn approximately 0.48 calories per pound of weight or 0.05 calories per kilogram of weight per hour
_

Does rocking in a chair count as exercise?

A rocking chair is a good solution because it strengthens muscles and loosens stiff joints while not requiring much exertion. Seniors can even pair rocking chair exercise with a favorite activity, such as knitting or reading. It's an easy way to burn approximately 150 calories an hour.
June 11th, 2023 at 4:12:19 AM permalink
odiousgambit
the last time I went fishing a few days ago I lost track of time

>>>

why is fishing so much fun?

Wild fish is rich in protein and contains little cholesterol, making it a favorite food for many. Most people love fishing because of the thrill and the challenge involved. It really is a thrill sitting in a boat with the anticipation of of a fish snagging your lure
_

What percent of people enjoy fishing?

The overall participation rate reached 17% of the U.S. population ages 6 and up, or 50.1 million people, who fished at least once during the 2019 calendar year.
_

Do fish learn to avoid hooks?

Fishes do have the ability to learn to recognize and avoid hooks and lures (see below), but in many cases, this only occurs where there are high rates of escapement or where fishes are deliberately returned to the water after capture (e.g., angling, recreational fisheries).
June 11th, 2023 at 4:30:41 AM permalink
DoubleGold
I always eat what I catch.

My preferred method is bass fishing, preferably on a Ranger bass boat sitting up off the water.

I also like night fishing during a full moon.

My preferred place is Lake Fork, Texas a little south of Sulphur Springs and close to Dallas.

It's a little windy there, so that'd be the downside.

It's an old cow pasture that was dammed up to hold the water.

So the ground is very fertile and the bass get huge.
June 11th, 2023 at 4:34:51 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: DoubleGold
I always eat what I catch.
do you mean you don't catch and release?
June 11th, 2023 at 4:39:00 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Quote: odiousgambit
do you mean you don't catch and release?

I release at Lake Fork only if they don't fit the size requirement.

I don't strictly fish for sport.

That'd be a no-no for me.

I combine the two.
June 11th, 2023 at 4:59:48 AM permalink
odiousgambit
yes it's all about the size for me ... love to eat them.

I don't like to clean them though! this leads to a lot of catch and release these days LOL ... a nice big one though gotta be a keeper
June 11th, 2023 at 5:06:36 AM permalink
DoubleGold
The smaller ones that are large enough to keep and filleted (electric knife) seem to be the best tasting.

The larger they get, the less tasty.

The tripod deep fryer seems to do a good job.

Breaded with corn meal for example.

The main thing for me is no bones.
June 11th, 2023 at 5:21:39 AM permalink
DoubleGold
I watch this BamaBass guy's channel in Alabama.

He took a piece of land, built a 5 acre pond, and is studying the bass in his own way.

There are plenty of videos.

Here is one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlucyUxDALA
Page 4 of 67<1234567>Last »