Flipping furniture

July 15th, 2013 at 3:31:54 AM permalink
ewjones
Threads: 6
So I've been trying to come up with ways of making extra cash.. One idea was buying old wood chairs, tables, cabinets etc, and fixing up a little and painting and selling for a profit. Has anyone done this or know anything about the possibility of pulling this off? Is it just an unreasonable pipe-dream?
July 15th, 2013 at 9:27:40 AM permalink
AcesAndEights
Threads: 6
Quote: ewjones
So I've been trying to come up with ways of making extra cash.. One idea was buying old wood chairs, tables, cabinets etc, and fixing up a little and painting and selling for a profit. Has anyone done this or know anything about the possibility of pulling this off? Is it just an unreasonable pipe-dream?

My aunt has been trying to do a similar thing to bring in some extra cash during her retirement. I think the hardest part is knowing how to identify valuable but under-priced items, and then know where to find those items.

My guess would be that it's not a pipe-dream, but as a novice in the field you're probably up against some fierce competition and a learning curve. I wouldn't know where to begin on breaking in to this, to be honest.
"You think I'm joking." -EvenBob