1 vote (25%)
No votes (0%)

4 members have voted

June 6th, 2023 at 2:56:44 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: AZDuffman
Quit feeding the trolls.

Blocking this thread because of the joke of a poll. If someone makes an actual one maybe I'll contribute.
I think it says a lot about Lefties to do a poll like that OK maybe the poll reflects Ed's sense of humor ... past time to have said so, though

Upper management of Target just another bunch with a lot to answer for. There's no way they thought this merchandise was needed because there was a big market for it ... just virtue signaling
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
June 6th, 2023 at 5:11:06 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: odiousgambit
Upper management of Target just another bunch with a lot to answer for. There's no way they thought this merchandise was needed because there was a big market for it ... just virtue signaling

Maybe take a step out of your LGBT hatred bubble for once?

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 6th, 2023 at 5:22:38 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
In responding to the poll idea. Look at N. Koreans coming out of that regime. They've been put under tremendous psychological pressure their whole life. That's the most consistent power play on molding people probably just about anywhere.

Conservative opinion on a few references in schools in the USA is an embarrassment of ignorance on changing people into something other than what they already feel inclined towards.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 6th, 2023 at 6:51:46 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: terapined
I think its absurd but it seems a segment of the population has been brainwashed to believe this nonsense. People are attacking Target workers claiming they are groomers. WTF. Its right up there with the flat earth society

You can be, "Groomed," to be trans; I just don't think it actually happens. Your question is, "Can."

Of course someone can. All you would have to do is convince the child that they were born with the wrong equipment during their formative years. Social isolation would make the probability of success much more likely; that's one of the reasons that the more extreme religions tend to be largely isolated and mostly keep to their own people.

Does it happen a lot? I seriously doubt it. Is there any risk of it happening a lot? I don't think so. But, "Can," it happen? Sure. Why couldn't it?

That's especially true if you have the child get the surgical procedure. That child is now trans-whether they grow up to like it or not. You might argue that they are no longer trans if they, "Transition back," but that's splitting hairs.

***I don't think it is something Target is capable of doing or even meaningfully contributing to.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 6th, 2023 at 6:56:47 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: Mission146
You can be, "Groomed," to be trans; I just don't think it actually happens. Your question is, "Can."

Of course someone can. All you would have to do is convince the child that they were born with the wrong equipment during their formative years. Social isolation would make the probability of success much more likely; that's one of the reasons that the more extreme religions tend to be largely isolated and mostly keep to their own people.

Does it happen a lot? I seriously doubt it. Is there any risk of it happening a lot? I don't think so. But, "Can," it happen? Sure. Why couldn't it?

That's especially true if you have the child get the surgical procedure. That child is now trans-whether they grow up to like it or not. You might argue that they are no longer trans if they, "Transition back," but that's splitting hairs.

***I don't think it is something Target is capable of doing or even meaningfully contributing to.

I think there's great evidence that conversion is tough. Consider how long gay people endured the influence of heterosexuality without being converted, while they were made to be invisible at best in society It's was all around them, and as well as actual condemnation of being homosexual. If influence is so powerful, why didn't most of them convert back?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 6th, 2023 at 7:03:14 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: rxwine
I think there's great evidence that conversion is tough. Consider how long gay people endured the influence of heterosexuality without being converted, while they were made to be invisible at best in society It's was all around them, and as well as actual condemnation of being homosexual. If influence is so powerful, why didn't most of them convert back?

I don't dispute that it would be tough to do so. The subject line of the thread said, 'Can,' it didn't say, "Is it likely?"

For the most part, I agree that children wouldn't be, 'Groomed,' do to one thing or another. I'm simply saying it's possible given certain individual circumstances.

My problem with the Elementary and pre-school age discussions (to the limited extent they exist) is not that I think very many people will be, 'Groomed.' My problem is that I don't think it's a topic that children are developed/mature enough to handle, and even if they were, school wouldn't be the place for those discussions.

Kids should just get to learn about math and have fun with their friends without having to worry about this kind of stuff. That's especially true of the latter of those two things; it's the only chance they're going to get to live with relatively little to worry about.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 6th, 2023 at 7:24:54 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Mission146

My problem with the Elementary and pre-school age discussions (to the limited extent they exist) is not that I think very many people will be, 'Groomed.' My problem is that I don't think it's a topic that children are developed/mature enough to handle, and even if they were, school wouldn't be the place for those discussions.

Kids should just get to learn about math and have fun with their friends without having to worry about this kind of stuff. That's especially true of the latter of those two things; it's the only chance they're going to get to live with relatively little to worry about.

I disagree
I have a cousin that is married to her girlfriend
They had triplets from a sperm donor
How early is too early to let the kids know their parents are LGBT
They did a fabulous job raising the triplets
The triplets just graduated HS and are going to college
They all had dates with the opposite sex for the prom
They are great kids
We are friends on FB. i can direct you to this wonderful families FB page
How early is too early for these wonderful kids to know their parents are lesbians
No age is too early because of the reality of the situation
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 6th, 2023 at 7:45:41 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: terapined
I disagree
I have a cousin that is married to her girlfriend
They had triplets from a sperm donor
How early is too early to let the kids know their parents are LGBT
They did a fabulous job raising the triplets
The triplets just graduated HS and are going to college
They all had dates with the opposite sex for the prom
They are great kids
We are friends on FB. i can direct you to this wonderful families FB page
How early is too early for these wonderful kids to know their parents are lesbians
No age is too early because of the reality of the situation

I'm good; I believe you; I'll take your word for it. I don't need to be directed to the page of a family that I couldn't find a way to care less about. What a weird thing to offer!

I'm talking about what gets discussed in school. You can teach little kids (in school) just to be kind and respectful to everyone, regardless of who the person is, and leave it at that. As far as LGBT or Trans is concerned---that's my point; parents can discuss that with their kids whenever they wish. I'm discussing what is, or is not, appropriate for public schools; I'm not trying to control what parents discuss with their kids, or when. The parents should decide that on these topics, not the schools; that's my entire point.

Also, why would the kids having dates of the opposite sex be relevant to me? They could have all had dates of the same sex and it wouldn't prove grooming. I don't care who high schoolers go to prom with; I care about giving parents the opportunity to preserve childhood innocence, whatever it may mean to them, as long as possible.
June 6th, 2023 at 12:30:39 PM permalink
PotPie
Threads: 5
Quote: odiousgambit

you're so very, very wrong
I spent a good part of my career in retail management
Target doesn't really care one way or the other about the issue
They saw that there was a segment of the population to which they could make sales
It was an opportunity for them - even if it was relatively small - they didn't want to miss out.

Just like right now on TV you're seeing lots of commercials with overweight people.
Those putting on those commercials are not trying to say that being overweight is okay.
They have finally realized that these people represent an opportunity for profit
the foolish sayings of a rich man pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
June 6th, 2023 at 12:30:53 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
what does one family prove anyway?

how about the below case? I'd say one case of this argues more against the practice of LGBT adopting than 100 cases where things went OK

https://nypost.com/2023/01/20/couple-pimped-their-adopted-sons-out-to-pedophile-ring-report/

I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
Page 2 of 17<12345>Last »