Poll
3 votes (75%)
1 vote (25%)
No votes (0%)

4 members have voted

June 7th, 2023 at 4:53:50 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
if left up to the US media , we wouldn't even have the term "grooming". This seems to have come from Britain, where they had the gonads to recognize it and denounce it. Here, the media was and is reluctant, somebody might think they were anti-gay if they deviated from constant praise and constant 'victim' sympathy
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
June 7th, 2023 at 6:10:18 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: odiousgambit
this thread is infected by people who have lost the argument. The only thing left is name-calling, so they do that

Lol… You think a raised fist is equivalent to a swastika, talk about losing an argument!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 7th, 2023 at 6:44:48 AM permalink
odiousgambit
if wondering if someone has lost an argument, note whether they've reduced their side to name-calling

oh, if the below bothers you, it's just an expression of pride, they tell me

June 7th, 2023 at 6:52:46 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
if left up to the US media , we wouldn't even have the term "grooming". This seems to have come from Britain, where they had the gonads to recognize it and denounce it. Here, the media was and is reluctant, somebody might think they were anti-gay if they deviated from constant praise and constant 'victim' sympathy

Did they use it to identify religions trying to convert someone to a lifestyle, or just for LBGTQ? I stilll remember part of the spiel this guy who invited himself to sit down at my table uninvited. He draws what represents a canyon with a stick figure on one side, labels the figure "man", and on the other side he writes "God." Eventually, he puts what he calls a "bridge" and labels it "Christ". Then using something better than an actual horror scene, he pronounces the only way to save myself. That I'm doomed otherwise.

Should you be sending out people to tell minor children that message? They even send children to convert other kids.

Do you condemn that just as much or not?

If not, then I guess you're going to personally decide that good "grooming" is okay. But it is the beginning of a grooming ploy that is going to continue when they get a foothold and there is plenty of support for that once the person is in the fold.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 7th, 2023 at 6:57:43 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
what does one family prove anyway?

how about the below case? I'd say one case of this argues more against the practice of LGBT adopting than 100 cases where things went OK

https://nypost.com/2023/01/20/couple-pimped-their-adopted-sons-out-to-pedophile-ring-report/

Right. I forgot no heterosexual has ever been a pedophile.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 7th, 2023 at 7:45:32 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: Mission146
Right. I forgot no heterosexual has ever been a pedophile.

AZDuffman quite literally said this. And some people still take his posts seriously for some reason.
June 7th, 2023 at 7:45:51 AM permalink
ams288
if wondering if someone has lost an argument, note whether they've reduced their side to name-calling

oh, if the below bothers you, it's just an expression of pride, they tell me

I have no idea why that image would offend anyone!
June 7th, 2023 at 11:24:47 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: Mission146
I forgot no heterosexual has ever been a pedophile.
why am I getting that as a response? I don't mean that as a rebuke, but an honest question.

It's like someone saying, oh boy, Stalin and Commies like him were bad, then someone responds with "how about how we treated the Indians?". Well, we treated the Indians bad but why does that come up?

I certainly have said, and continue to say, there are a lot of bad heterosexuals. I think generally we agree that we do everything we can to stop them and throw them in prison. Some of that has to be after the fact, which is too bad

Allowing LBTQ to adopt is an avoidable problem, but now a mute point. Except I have to say it ... and not be heard
June 7th, 2023 at 11:37:22 AM permalink
ams288
Allowing LBTQ to adopt is an avoidable problem, but now a moot point. Except I have to say it ... and not be heard

There are more straight pedos than gay pedos.

Allowing straight people to adopt is an avoidable problem. Why not push for ending that practice as well?

Because you don’t have the same hatred for heterosexuals!
June 7th, 2023 at 11:47:48 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
why am I getting that as a response? I don't mean that as a rebuke, but an honest question.

It's like someone saying, oh boy, Stalin and Commies like him were bad, then someone responds with "how about how we treated the Indians?". Well, we treated the Indians bad but why does that come up?

I certainly have said, and continue to say, there are a lot of bad heterosexuals. I think generally we agree that we do everything we can to stop them and throw them in prison. Some of that has to be after the fact, which is too bad

Allowing LBTQ to adopt is an avoidable problem, but now a mute point. Except I have to say it ... and not be heard

Allowing straight people to adopt is an avoidable problem. Religion is an avoidable problem. Continued existence is an avoidable problem. People being born is an avoidable problem.

I don't understand what the post I responded to is meant to say. Is there anyone who ever suggested that no homosexual has ever been a pedophile? If so, that person is an idiot.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
Page 4 of 17<1234567>Last »