3 votes (75%)
1 vote (25%)
No votes (0%)

4 members have voted

June 7th, 2023 at 11:50:45 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: odiousgambit

Allowing LBTQ to adopt is an avoidable problem, but now a mute point. Except I have to say it ... and not be heard

Why
Is there any proof that the chances a child will be abused by a gay couple more then a hetro couple
If you have proof, I'm all ears
Or is this disposition based purely on illogical hate
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 7th, 2023 at 12:04:22 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288
There are more straight pedos than gay pedos.

Allowing straight people to adopt is an avoidable problem. Why not push for ending that practice as well?

Because you don’t have the same hatred for heterosexuals!

If this is the real trend on the right, all I can say is they are working real hard on turning out the vote from the left while demolishing their arguments for states' rights in lbgt and abortion issues. Trying to pass laws to control people in other states as well.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 7th, 2023 at 2:37:53 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Gay parents are safer than straight parents. And, this comes with a huge caveat almost 100% of gay families (some exceptions such as relations leading to children before entering into a homosexual family) are adopted. And, adopted parents are held to a much higher standard.

To start an adopted family in even the most lax states requires criminal background checks, financial checks, driving checks, home checks, drug tests, home inspections, medical evals, reference checks, and mandatory training programs. And, if every requirement is not met, they get turned down and have to start over.

The reason most child abuse and child neglect cases are from straight couples is because straight couple can just have children without going through the adoption checks. And, when you need no qualifications to have children, it leads to bad scenarios. Since gay couple are (again extreme examples aside) 99% going through adoptive services, the checks are in place to make sure they are solid people.

Sure if you compare just adoptive parents, gays and straights are basically equal. But, if you just blanket compare homosexual and heterosexual families, homosexual families are far safer, because every child is virtually guaranteed to be living in stable home, with a high income, and a crystal clear criminal record.

Homosexual families are safer, because by biology (not able to naturally reproduce), they are forced to go through a program that enforces strict standards.

So you can find a couple of extreme articles of gay parents being terrible. But, you can mind endless articles about straight parents being terrible. But, you don't even need to, just look at child welfare and safety stats, and look at who loses their kids due to crime, endangering, abusing, or even kills (it is over 98% straight couple).

And, bear in mind most straight families, even "normal and safe" ones, would not qualify for adoptions, because it is so hard to find a clean criminal record, pass the required checks, and pass drug tests, etc.... Even most of your friends probably would not have a family (because likely they have a ding somewhere in their past) if they were forced to adopt. Adoptive families are simply safer.

Now, can people change as they get older? Of course. Can people with bad thoughts live their whole lives squeaky clean until they suddenly do not? Of course. But, this is rare. Most of the time you can pick up on patterns early on.

So anytime I see a gay family my default thought it that they are good parents (or at least have a great background).
June 7th, 2023 at 2:38:20 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: rxwine
If this is the real trend on the right,
I'm not seeing any trend for it at all all in the stuff I follow

nor any data anywhere about how these adoptions by gay men in particular is going. Or, yeah, any data about abuse in adoptions any way shape or form

I will forever question the idea of LGBT adoption. It's very lonely
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
June 7th, 2023 at 2:43:05 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Now here is something that IS making the rounds with conservatives.

Megan Fox has 3 children who are all born male but are now being raised as girls. I'm not sure how far this has gone, just looking into it.

All three.

June 7th, 2023 at 2:54:24 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Megan Fox has 3 children who are all born male but are now being raised as girls.

No way would I post pics of somebodies kids
WTF is wrong with you
There is a name for weirdos obsessed with kids
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 7th, 2023 at 3:06:45 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

Conservatives need to

Get. A. Life.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 7th, 2023 at 4:21:37 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: terapined
No way would I post pics of somebodies kids
WTF is wrong with you
There is a name for weirdos obsessed with kids

Conservatives need to

Get. A. Life.

Haters gonna hate, dudes!

if you want to spin everything

and stick your head in the sand
June 7th, 2023 at 4:36:46 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Haters gonna hate, dudes!

if you want to spin everything

and stick your head in the sand

I will gladly stick my head in the sand in regards to the family of some celebrity I do not care about!

If they are happy, WHO CARES?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 7th, 2023 at 5:54:54 PM permalink
odiousgambit
If they are happy, WHO CARES?