Random Thought of the Day

September 22nd, 2014 at 7:48:29 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
I can't help but think there's something very wrong when you regard waking up at 7 am as "sleeping-in."
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 22nd, 2014 at 9:23:37 AM permalink
chickenman
Threads: 0
^^^^^^^^^^
5 am is sleeping in :)
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!
September 22nd, 2014 at 9:57:08 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Fleastiff
Don't forget the bottled water...... sold in plastic manufactured in China where conformance to product purity standards is a hoot.

Would you happen to have any links on that?

It is an interesting point. A close friend is trying to find out what an ailment they have may be originating from and exclusively drinks bottled water.
I read the labels and am really picky about what water is being consumed and even read the # on the bottles to determine the un re-useability of the bottles.

Never considered the source of the lousy plastic.

I went and purchased some re-usable plastic bottles, it is surprising how hard it is to find a #7 on the bottom of the container inside the recycle triangle. For anyones info I do believe it has to be a minimum of a 5 to be considered re-usable, each to their own.

As an aside. I have ph tested most of the things around here that I can to determine values. According to my testing, there is no "truth in labeling" on the ph value of the water we may be buying.

I had a case of hospital grade giardia once and it was memorable.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 22nd, 2014 at 11:17:16 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: petroglyph

Never considered the source of the lousy plastic.
;;;;
I had a case of hospital grade giardia once and it was memorable.

People who drink large quantities of distilled water can be leaching vitamins and minerals from their bodies.

The "grade" of the plastic is whatever grade you want stamped on it. China has shown little concern for truth in trade.

Water bottlers only measure contamination at the production line, they don't follow the truck or measure it at the consumer's level.

Triple Distilled Water for use in hospital surgeries has often been found to be contaminated.

When bacteria get stressed, ie, when we are winning the struggle, they often form "L-bodies". Most tests are for the bacteria, not the L-bodies.

Look at what was drunk during prohibition and you won't care about pure food and drugs anymore at all.
September 22nd, 2014 at 12:10:44 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Reminds me. Quality control. To be fair, you can see this in any country.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 22nd, 2014 at 12:36:46 PM permalink
petroglyph
I hope while people are enjoying they're cheap imported fruit and vegetables they are reading about "Nightsoil".

Growing produce for human consumption in human fecal matter is illegal in this country.
September 23rd, 2014 at 9:10:20 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: Fleastiff
People who drink large quantities of distilled water can be leaching vitamins and minerals from their bodies.

The "grade" of the plastic is whatever grade you want stamped on it. China has shown little concern for truth in trade.

Water bottlers only measure contamination at the production line, they don't follow the truck or measure it at the consumer's level.

Triple Distilled Water for use in hospital surgeries has often been found to be contaminated.

When bacteria get stressed, ie, when we are winning the struggle, they often form "L-bodies". Most tests are for the bacteria, not the L-bodies.

Look at what was drunk during prohibition and you won't care about pure food and drugs anymore at all.

I wondered if you had seen this, I hate quoting anything from Yahoo but here it is. Good ole BPA

https://www.yahoo.com/health/why-you-shouldnt-drink-warm-bottled-water-98234856882.html
September 24th, 2014 at 8:26:55 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Hey, Budweiser don't jab me with a knife in the heart. Thanks. Okay, I get it.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 30th, 2014 at 6:20:46 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I always wanted to make a torch, so ...

soaking,

Dr. Frankenstein is mad? Making monsters? Where is that little bitch?!!

Long story. Sort of a Frankenstein thing. Explain later.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
September 30th, 2014 at 8:54:24 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Mwahhh haahaahaa....He vas.....my BOYfriend!

Yeah, 2 things about bottled water. The bad plastics can place complex molecules into the water that your body retains.

And the dilution of essential salts and electrolytes thru ingestion of large quantities can cause real problems as well.

Good ole' tap. Except mine has an atrocious aftertaste, so I have a tap filter for the drinking water. GE/Pur/etc. all good for that.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has