Random Thought of the Day

April 12th, 2017 at 12:25:51 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
He already finished it, that is why we've been having such crappy weather: the Earth tilted on its axis another 1.5 degrees.
April 12th, 2017 at 11:27:33 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: rxwine
That first work in that picture is awesome.

I agree. It's a bit big for what I planned, but the Juniper offering hits the spot. Guess I'll just have to not get lazy, as letting it grow unchallenged would be a disaster lol.

Quote: rxwine
BTW, is Face ever going to finish his two ton aquarium!!?

Ah, Christ.

Face is going to finish it. I just got a lot of hangups on that particular project. Of course there's the money, that should just be assumed for any project I mention from here to my death. Beyond that, my biggest hang is the damned stand. I cannot find the info needed to make one robust enough using just wood. I've pretty much abandoned a pure wood idea and have two others - one full steel and the other a steel / wood mix. Of course, that adds to the other issue of the weight, and as my current design calls for more than your 2 tons in water alone, adding tens of cubic feet of steel makes my brain shut down.

Someway, I will have a giant aquarium. I suppose I'm just paused, as some other wants and projects might shed some light or open some avenues. Build it on the patio? In my garage? In my shop, if I build one? Just build it outside on a steel stand raised to window height? I don't f#$%ing know. I just know I ain't given up, and I ain't messing with it now =p It's more of a winter thing anyway, a project to stave of a self inflicted. And with no boat, I've no easy way to stock it. I'm fine with it being a table for all my fishing gear, which is what it currently serves as =)
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
April 12th, 2017 at 11:32:37 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Face
Face is going to finish it.

How would you know? ;)
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
April 12th, 2017 at 2:45:55 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
I got a four-day weekend coming, right now.

The plan is to start and finish a short story, "Crystal Clear," in that time.

I think I'd have a much better chance of doing so if I could block WiFi for a few hours per day...
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
April 13th, 2017 at 12:06:58 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
McDonald's French Fries are the perfect food. Anybody that disagrees is delusional.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 13th, 2017 at 12:12:47 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
McDonald's French Fries are the perfect food. Anybody that disagrees is delusional.

Five Guys hamburger joint have the best fries hands down
Never frozen like Mcdonald's.
They slice whole potatoes on site and fry them
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 13th, 2017 at 2:15:42 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: DRich

Agree with that. Don't even need a fridge, they'll keep on the counter for half a decade =p

On the real, tho... the only thing McD's makes that's not gross are napkins.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
April 13th, 2017 at 2:26:23 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
All francisees are routinely tested for teh length of time they leave unsold products under those heat lamps.

The 'taste' of french fries is more the taste of salt and grease than potatoes. The best taste enhancer for potatoes is rosemary or fennel.
April 13th, 2017 at 7:28:44 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Fleastiff
The 'taste' of french fries is more the taste of salt and grease than potatoes.

The ingredients in the fries, before they're
fried, is potatoes, oil and salt. Then they're
fried in oil and salted. It's salt oil that you
taste, the potato has little to do with it. It's
fried oil and salt, that's salted. It's on the
quick road to death/and or obesity diet.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 17th, 2017 at 11:51:39 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
In 1993, British citizen Gavin Sherrard-Smith received 50 lashes for allegedly breaking an alcohol ban in the Gulf country of Qatar.
He recently recounted his punishment in the Daily Mail, saying, "The blows were raining down on my body, from the shoulder blades to the calves, then back up again. But with each blow, the skin softened and the pain grew and grew to the point that my whole back felt like it was on fire. Soon it was unbearable, but they kept coming, mostly on my left shoulder and calf. I had to summon up all my control not to move. I didn't realize the human body could generate and tolerate such pain. I had never felt anything like it before, and I hope I will never feel anything like it again."
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?