Random Thought of the Day

April 18th, 2017 at 3:56:27 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Even the alcohol in mouthwash is forbidden in some of those looney countries. Of course this British citizen should remember that even the Isle of Mann has corporeal punishment for being drunk and disorderly in a public place. And still imposes it.
April 18th, 2017 at 7:22:30 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Thinking that Atlantis is real based on its appearance in Plato's Dialogues, is like thinking Gotham City is real based on its appearance in Batman comics.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
April 18th, 2017 at 3:40:17 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Quote: Fleastiff
All francisees are routinely tested for teh length of time they leave unsold products under those heat lamps.

The 'taste' of french fries is more the taste of salt and grease than potatoes. The best taste enhancer for potatoes is rosemary or fennel.

I recall McD's getting busted by some vegetarians for putting a meat byproduct in their fries to enhance the flavor.... Or is that the Shamrock Shake talking...
April 20th, 2017 at 6:43:49 AM permalink
Ayecarumba
When OJ Simpson gets out of jail, will there be a business willing to pay him to be in their ads?
April 20th, 2017 at 6:56:06 AM permalink
Fleastiff
If they pay him the money goes to the Goldman family, so he won't want to work.

Also, what company would want him as a spokesman?
April 20th, 2017 at 8:28:25 AM permalink
Ayecarumba
...Also, what company would want him as a spokesman?

Chico's Bail Bonds?

When he was busted in Vegas trying to get "his" memorabilia back with a gun, was it part of a money making venture for him that he was keeping on the down low?
April 20th, 2017 at 1:01:33 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
I think I can make a lot of money on dog fighting.

It sort of fell in my lap so I've been rolling with it. My pooch is quite active and athletic, faster than all the dogs on the streets and no end to his energy. My childhood best friend moved two doors down, and recently got an American Bulldog / Pitbull mix and has been bringing him over. Those two, they go at it. It was sort of a weird thing to watch at first, but now we're way into it, having meeting 3-4 times a week for matches.

It. Is. HILARIOUS. My dog's got a huge reach advantage, but his has no quit and apparently no pain sensors. And these two go balls to the wall for an hour straight at a time. My dog's special move is The Sit. Whenever he's got Samson on the ropes, he'll try to spin quick and sit on him. It's a tough move to pull off on such a squirmy, active puppy, but the two times he's connected has been devastating, a real match ender. His dog's special move is the wiener lick. He'll just go for it, and it paralyzes my dog. Once he lulls him into a sense of security, he'll jump up and hump my dog's face. Again, absolutely devastating.

So this is our four times weekly thing. We'll sit on the porch and get all buzzed up, set the dogs in the "pit", and then we turn into Joe Rogan and Bruce Buffer. There's big blows, ground and pound, and numerous special and finishing moves. It's a bit bar brawl meets Judo, but it's a fine performance regardless.

A little effort to clean up some footage and put it on YouTube, and it's a guarantee four figure payday. Given the right person, it could even be a mega viral hit. If only I could be arsed...
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
April 20th, 2017 at 1:14:13 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
If they pay him the money goes to the Goldman family, so he won't want to work.

People forget the Goldman's have a lien
on any legit money OJ earns for the rest
of his life. They can't touch his SS, and I
think his NFL pension is safe, but every
dime he earns goes to the Goldman
family. He will have to go to making
it under the table, and don't think he
won't.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 20th, 2017 at 2:46:23 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I feel bad for people who, a full 4 months after it became clear we were getting President Trump, still use childish insults which include his hair and kin color. How pathetic to still say Golden Man.... or Orange Boy..... Think how void the lives of those people must be......
April 20th, 2017 at 2:53:06 PM permalink
Fleastiff
A pension is immune from being seized by a creditor but once those payments are paid to the beneficiary they are like any other asset of the debtor.