Random Thought of the Day

April 28th, 2017 at 2:59:54 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
"The Boy Next Door." Jennifer Lopez character takes the bad guy by surprise nailing him with what looks like a tire iron. While he's face down on the floor she runs to try to free this other guy tied up nearby.

Before she can finish that the bad guy awakens and nails her from behind.

?????

Guy was down, clobber the hell out of him. Don't go free your friend.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 2nd, 2017 at 5:29:49 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Update:

I got one free drink (large latte with an extra shot of coffee) and bought three discounted drinks (large cappuccino) at Starbucks thus far. If I buy two more, I get another one free.

No one has claimed the bonus points for the definition of a millihelen, so I'll just post it right now:

Millihelen: the amount of beauty needed to launch one ship.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
May 2nd, 2017 at 6:29:47 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Nareed
Millihelen: the amount of beauty needed to launch one ship.
Yes, Helen supposedly launched a thousand ships so a milli helen is one ship but as I 'spoilered' above: its all a myth. Men did not fight for a decade over some broad, they fought over money, power, spices and horses. I think you find that Starbucks is so over prices that the freebie is not really worth it anyway.
May 4th, 2017 at 1:18:51 PM permalink
Nareed
So I accidentally gamed the Starbucks rewards, I think.

Item: the grande cappuccino was on sale through most of April, 25% off the regular price.

So, the regular price is 48 pesos (About $2.40 US), but I got three at 36 pesos since getting the rewards card.

Item: the lowest rewards level gives you one free drink on your birthday month.

April is my birthday month, so I got a free drink on the 29th.

Item: it takes 5 "stars" to reach the second, "green," level. And that level has another free drink as soon as you reach it.

I bought a latte on May 1st.

So thus far I've paid 156 pesos and got five drinks for an average of 31.20 pesos each.

If I buy another 48 peso latte, I can get another free drink. This brings the total expenses to 204 pesos, te total drinks to seven, and the average to <drumroll> 29.14 pesos each (abt. $1.46 US).

Not bad.

Past that I judge it's not worth buying coffee exclusively at Sbucks. But it does pay to follow them on social media and be on the lookout for the next discounted drink. And, naturally, if the stars expire, it's worth re-starting the program on your birthday month. At regular prices, you pay 240 pesos for five drinks but get seven, for an average of 34.29 pesos (abt. $1.71 US).
May 4th, 2017 at 1:35:43 PM permalink
rxwine
You're gonna be rich saving money. : )
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 4th, 2017 at 1:44:32 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Quote: rxwine
"The Boy Next Door." Jennifer Lopez character takes the bad guy by surprise nailing him with what looks like a tire iron. While he's face down on the floor she runs to try to free this other guy tied up nearby.

Before she can finish that the bad guy awakens and nails her from behind.

?????

Guy was down, clobber the hell out of him. Don't go free your friend.

This is why I respected "Zero Dark Thirty". The actors did a great job portraying what I would expect the real Special Forces soldiers would do... give every "bad guy" (including women) a double tap to make sure there were no surprises.
May 4th, 2017 at 1:49:19 PM permalink
Nareed
Quote: rxwine
You're gonna be rich saving money. : )

Saving money would mean not buying any overpriced coffee and being 204 pesos richer ;)

I do have an espresso machine with a steam nozzle at home. I've used it, too, but it's such a hassle to clean after each use, that I used it only a few times per year. Currently it resides on the top shelf of the pantry.
May 5th, 2017 at 9:01:13 AM permalink
Nareed
Will self-driving cars require a driver's license?
May 7th, 2017 at 1:46:20 PM permalink
rxwine
What does a burglar not want to see when he breaks into a home?

Naked Grandma!

That was a game show answer by a contestant. Then the other contestant agreed he wouldn't want to see that either.
May 8th, 2017 at 7:13:47 AM permalink
Nareed
For now, the French can rightfully feel superior to Americans.