Random Thought of the Day

June 4th, 2017 at 2:36:31 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Now here's a guy possibly taking real risk too casually. This is a confirmed tornado sighting, and his wife snapped the picture. He said he was keeping an eye on tornado as he mowed. story below

http://www.kwqc.com/content/news/Man-mowing-lawn-near-tornado-says-he-was-keeping-an-eye-on-it-426305481.html
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 5th, 2017 at 9:07:52 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
When you express time in the military
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
June 8th, 2017 at 3:59:56 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Q: What's the difference between an online headline and a hook?

A: Fish don't click on headlines.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 11th, 2017 at 1:17:52 PM permalink
rxwine
I was reading another story about a dog detecting a disease. Some cancer, blood sugar anomalies, conditions prior to a seizure...etc,.

Wonder if anyone has thought of setting up a "dog screening clinic". It might do well.

Have to hand out disclaimers for false positives, but otherwise, don't see a problem.

The DOGtor is in!

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 11th, 2017 at 1:24:00 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
Wonder if anyone has thought of setting up a "dog screening clinic". It might do well.
Wait till you get the bill for the "lab" work. Then of course there is a "cat"scan. Those are pretty good too.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 11th, 2017 at 1:27:23 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: petroglyph
Wait till you get the bill for the "lab" work. Then of course there is a "cat"scan. Those are pretty good too.

Puns Ahound! (abound I mean : )
June 11th, 2017 at 2:15:35 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Such animal screenings have been performed. One dog did very well on breast cancer but he kept getting two false positives. Finally the researcher tracked down the cell donors and found that the two non-breast cancer sample cells had been donated by two women who were each LATER diagnosed with breast cancer, so the screener finally realized the dog was outperforming the experts he was being tested against.

Tests that are free of errors are nice but they rarely exist in the laboratories so why expect 100 percent from a dog or cat?

Face wrote about some of his adventures in the tropics. There are some marine creatures there that the natives know to immediately run and get a female to urinate on a tourists foot. Male urine won't do a thing, but female urine will denature the toxin. They get that knowledge from observation not textbooks. I had a cat that would try desperately to urinate into my open non-healing wound. I'm sure she somehow "knew" something after smelling it.
June 12th, 2017 at 8:48:10 AM permalink
Nareed
The Starbuck freebies are working rather well. The other day I scored a Colombian bean in my latte (roasted too much).

The problem is that 9 times out of 10, when I pay with the app I forget to tip...
June 12th, 2017 at 10:29:28 AM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Quote: Fleastiff
...I had a cat that would try desperately to urinate into my open non-healing wound. I'm sure she somehow "knew" something after smelling it.

Hehe... yeah, she knew that her plot to kill you wasn't complete yet...
June 14th, 2017 at 1:27:42 PM permalink
Nareed
For this year's non-vacation, I set the goal of finishing 3 short stories. We'll see how that works.

In addition, time and weather permitting, I would like to do a short trip to Tula, Hidalgo (Paco surely knows why).