Random Thought of the Day

July 11th, 2017 at 4:36:40 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: DRich
Why do you say that? I use AVG on lots of my computers.

Aside from the constant annoying pop-ups, yesterday morning it required a restart after updating. Then the PC went into an infinite boot loop.

I got it to boot in safe mode, then tried restoring to the last safe point. And then it began to infinite loop again. So I wound up backing up some files and then restoring a clean Win10 state.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
July 13th, 2017 at 11:00:56 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Interesting idea to stop telemarketers: http://nowiknow.com/a-profitable-way-to-stop-telemarketers/

The phone companies probably would stop it, though.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
July 13th, 2017 at 11:32:08 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Nareed
...The phone companies probably
My phone is effing me to tears. Now I received at text from AT@T that they have changed their go phone name, whoopee. I just paid them for 3 months. And now the smart phone won't let me sign in to my email. It is painful being an analog man in a digital world.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 13th, 2017 at 3:26:34 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
I saw this commercial for the first time the other night, and I thought that sure is an ugly roach.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 17th, 2017 at 8:22:30 PM permalink
rxwine
Here's another commercial I just saw and like

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 18th, 2017 at 10:10:17 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
When is it a boat instead of a ship? Apparently a matter that can be settled to the satisfaction of some but not to others.

https://www.theguardian.com/notesandqueries/query/0,,-197783,00.html
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
July 18th, 2017 at 11:21:33 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: odiousgambit
When is it a boat instead of a ship? Apparently a matter that can be settled to the satisfaction of some but not to others.

https://www.theguardian.com/notesandqueries/query/0,,-197783,00.html

Depends on how much you spend to repair and maintenance
BOAT stands for Bust Out Another Thousand
If it takes thousands instead of a thousand, its a ship
:-)

2nd best day in a boat owners life is when you buy a boat
Best day is when you sell it
:-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 20th, 2017 at 12:30:31 AM permalink
rxwine
Nyakim Gatwech is a model originally from Sudan known for her striking dark skin.

July 20th, 2017 at 3:33:09 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: terapined
2nd best day in a boat owners life is when you buy a boat Best day is when you sell it:-)
Ain't ya never heard of beer fishing? As other boaters go out for a day of fishing, you pass them a can of beer in hopes of getting a fish as they return. Its the same thing with maintenance tasks: paint parties, fittings, gaskets and hoses get inspected by half drunk revelers but at least they get inspected, Mold eradication ain't all that bad if you buy the "Clorox" in bulk. A tank of sodium hypochlorite ain't cheap but its cheaper than buying fifty gallons of bleach at a grocery store. Low pressure baking powder is cheaper than high pressure sand blasting. There are maintenance yards where you can live and some people pick up odd jobs there as well.

Now I'll admit there may be a labor problem: ever try to get a Crust Punk to put in a full day's work? Ever try to get a Rainbow couple pried apart long enough to even get started on a job? Here is an important boating safety tip: when a young girl is in the mood to commune with the Sun God, rather than work, don't ever forget she has has a fish knife on her hip and it ain't there for decoration.

Boating maintenance and repair ain't difficult once you learn to impose on your friends.
July 20th, 2017 at 1:38:12 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Fleastiff
Boating maintenance and repair ain't difficult once you learn to impose on your friends.
Sure if you live in the sunshine state. It ain't easy scheduling sunshine, on America's second largest Island, especially at temps that allow fiberglass to cure. Both the grid and the boat lift get crowded during salmon season and working space at the boatyard can be at a premium, and hoping the ship chandlery has one in your size.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW