Random Thought of the Day

October 17th, 2017 at 11:37:16 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
There was a report that Beijing has gone nearly cashless with phone technology. Most people didn't have credit cards, so they skipped that part.

Still wonder what will happen if there is a major power grid interruption or a disaster.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 18th, 2017 at 1:48:23 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: Marc Faber
Thank God white people populated America, and not the blacks," he wrote. "Otherwise, the US would look like Zimbabwe, which it might look like one day anyway, but at least America enjoyed 200 years in the economic and political sun under a white majority

A "market strategist" also known as Dr. Doom

how do you get that old and not know better than saying something like that? Maybe he was ready to commit occupational suicide

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/17/investing/marc-faber-white-america/index.html
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
October 18th, 2017 at 3:10:03 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: rxwine
Still wonder what will happen if there is a major power grid interruption or a disaster.
Exactly what happens when there are minor, localized glitches., such as Mexican resort areas during hurricane-inspired police riots or Puerto Rico during total melt down of the grid, fortunately such grid meltdowns will become more rare as air-batteries are adopted to deal with wide fluctuations generally not tolerated in the established grid.
October 18th, 2017 at 3:10:03 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Exactly what happens when there are minor, localized glitches., such as Mexican resort areas during hurricane-inspired police riots or Puerto Rico during total melt down of the grid, fortunately such grid meltdowns will become more rare as air-batteries are adopted to deal with wide fluctuations generally not tolerated in the established grid.
October 19th, 2017 at 12:45:06 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Your brain may function long enough to know intellectually that you are dead. Full enjoyment of your own death. What more could you ask for?

https://www.bustle.com/p/your-brain-may-continue-to-function-after-your-death-long-enough-for-you-to-be-aware-of-it-studies-suggest-2944724
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 20th, 2017 at 4:59:09 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Your brain may function long enough to know intellectually that you are dead
Of course. When the guillotine blade falls the face feels the impact and the brain knows what has happened. Hold the severed head aloft and perhaps the brain even processes the input from the eyes amidst all the other emotional input. Blood drains oxygen reserves are depleted and slowly cells die.

Why do you think Natalee Holloway of Aruba fame was chiropractored? He enjoyed violent twisting of the neck from side to side and then looking into the eyes to see the moment they realize they are dead.
October 20th, 2017 at 6:30:29 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: Fleastiff
Why do you think Natalee Holloway of Aruba fame was chiropractored? He enjoyed violent twisting of the neck from side to side and then looking into the eyes to see the moment they realize they are dead.

DNA has shown her body has never been found in spite of that last over-hyped crap.

I am not buying the bit about *consciousness* of death - quite a bit different than just showing brain function still exists. Extremely different. Extremely. Maybe because I am a hunter I know bullshit in this matter when I see it. Present company excluded since presumably this is just repeating bullshit of others without realizing it.

[deleted next comment] I am having to be careful, for some reason I am all wound up about some of this . Sorry.
October 20th, 2017 at 6:44:00 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Your brain may function long enough to know intellectually that you are dead. Full enjoyment of your own death.

Closure is a good thing.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
October 20th, 2017 at 3:21:43 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: odiousgambit
DNA has shown her body has never been found in spite of that last over-hyped crap. .
You think perhaps he abandoned his signature style? She wasn't taken to the beach, she didn't get sick, she just got gang raped and didn't have the common sense to know that she should not spout threats about going to the police. Other American girls who get drugged and raped in Aruba usually have the sense to go home, take a shower and chalk it up to bad luck.
October 21st, 2017 at 2:17:50 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: Fleastiff
You think perhaps he abandoned his signature style? She wasn't taken to the beach, she didn't get sick, she just got gang raped and didn't have the common sense to know that she should not spout threats about going to the police. Other American girls who get drugged and raped in Aruba usually have the sense to go home, take a shower and chalk it up to bad luck.

OK, now you are making me get into this more than I wanted. Joran van der Sloot is who murdered her in my book, are you buying into a different person being the killer? If you think van der Sloot is the killer where are you getting all these details about his signature style?