Random Thought of the Day

October 28th, 2017 at 1:02:21 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: DRich
If there are willing buyers why would you want to limit it?

You can say that about anything. Why not have a hog farm next door to your house? It's a legal business. Who cares if you don't like it. Not their problem.

Quote:
Should apartment buildings and condos also be prevented?

A lot depends on planning, design and construction.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 30th, 2017 at 9:36:49 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
I don't usually suffer, much, when Daylight "savings" time kicks in, nor when it ends.

Not this time. We went back to normal time last Sunday at 2 am. I woke up Sunday at 6:15, feeling I had slept more than usual, which of course I had.

in the afternoon I took a short nap, and was one long bad dream. Now, my bad dreams don't tend to be scary or horrific, but rather involve frustration. endless frustration. This time it was someone at the office reminding me to do this huge, important, URGENT thing he needed, but he never got around to telling me what it was. Also lights at the office didn't come up when I turned them on, and my tablet kept dropping in charge when ti was plugged into the charger.

Last night it kept going. this time I had to finish an exam on my phone (don't ask, i just dream here), and finish something very urgent at the office. The answers didn't register, the phone kept discharging, and the work files couldn't be found.

It's not often I greet the f****g alarm with relief.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
October 30th, 2017 at 10:29:26 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
I used to have similar dreams. Finding out a project is due the next day that should have been started weeks ago and you're just finding out about it. Stuff like that. Actually it is kind of nightmarish.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 30th, 2017 at 10:54:33 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Your bad dreams seem pretty pleasant to me in comparison. I hate the ones that are bad enough that you realize in your sleep, that it's just a bad dream, but shaken never the less.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 31st, 2017 at 5:29:50 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I hate airlines.... I wake up yesterday in my sister's house in New Jersey with a text telling me my 13:30 flight to Buffalo from Newark is canceled due to "Air Traffic Control". But they have rebooked me already on 21:30 flight. I investigate renting a car (7 hour drive). I then go back to the text and it has 'explore other options' link. I am allowed to punch in two nearby airports and it may get me there sooner. So I punch in Philly and JFK, and the first option that comes up is.....a 10:30 flight out of Newark! No shower, in the car, I make it with 20 minute to spare.
It seems to me that they should not auto-rebook you, but rather give you options. And WTF is canceled 6 hours before by ATC?
October 31st, 2017 at 7:46:46 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: SOOPOO
. And WTF is canceled 6 hours before by ATC?
Its a lie, which is one of the reasons you started your post off with "I hate airlines". The least they could do is say "you have been tentatively booked on Flight XXX click here (or press X on your phone to confirm that you accept your new booking.
October 31st, 2017 at 7:46:46 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Sic hours notice of a mechanical problem or crew scheduling issue? Seems strange that the airline can't simply be honest and direct. No wonder there are so many rowdy passengers, the airline angers them before they even board the plane.
November 1st, 2017 at 4:31:05 PM permalink
Nareed
No one ever talks about neptunium.
November 1st, 2017 at 8:17:42 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Nareed
No one ever talks about neptunium.

That is because it is not polite to discuss things that follow Uranus.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 2nd, 2017 at 4:28:54 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: DRich
That is because it is not polite to discuss things that follow Uranus.

We really need to change that planet's name.

Besides, it follows uranium.