Random Thought of the Day

December 28th, 2017 at 11:38:25 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote:
Three gods, A, B, and C, are called, in some order, True, False, and Random. True always speaks truly, False always speaks falsely, but whether Random speaks truly or falsely is completely random. You must determine the identities of A, B, and C by asking three yes-or-no questions, and each question must be posed to exactly one god. The gods understand English, but will answer all questions in their own language. In their unknown language, the words for “yes” and “no” are “da” and “ja,” in some order. You do not know which word means which.'

You can find the answer on the Internet.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 28th, 2017 at 11:41:56 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: rxwine
You can find the answer on the Internet.

Pick one god, aim a BFG at it, and say "ok, wise guy, which one of you is which?" :)
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 28th, 2017 at 2:54:25 PM permalink
Nareed
We keep them around nearly all the time. They're constantly begging for our attention. We enjoy playing with them. They do things for us. Some people let them sleep in their bed. We put them in silly outfits.

Face it. Smart phones are our new pets.

:)
January 2nd, 2018 at 7:53:45 AM permalink
Nareed
I admit I haven't paid much attention to the NFL this year. But could someone clue me in who had to lose in order to let Buffalo make the playoffs? It seems like they got there by accident.
January 2nd, 2018 at 8:52:27 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Baltimore had to lose to Cincinnati. They were ahead by 3 in the closing moments with Cincinnati facing a 4th and 12 from midfield. Cincinnati scored on a 20 yard pass over the middle and subsequent poor tackling by Baltimore.
January 5th, 2018 at 7:18:06 AM permalink
Nareed
Conservatism: n. The morbid fear that someone, somewhere may be enjoying their life.
January 5th, 2018 at 7:26:52 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: Fleastiff
Left wing snowflakes are killing comedy, tearing down historic statues, removing books from universities, dumbing down panto, removing Christ from Christmas and suppressing free speech. Sadly, it must be true, history does repeat itself. It will be music next.

Not sure if I agree with this but aside from what got dumped on Erie, PA, what is meant by a left wing snowflake?

It's a Trumpian/some rights pejorative towards those who feel victimized or oppressed by American society. They supposedly are fragile creatures who melt at the slightest adversity or insult, need safe spaces, and require everyone to be politically correct.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
January 5th, 2018 at 8:13:01 AM permalink
Monet
Threads: 0
After reading some witty needles from Roger Kint and AxelWolf on WoV about gas cards and pawn shops I am sad that I can't defend my position over there. For some reason the last few days I have been upset of my negative actions on that site that got me banned. I would like to publicly apologize to all members on that site and this site as well who were involved or offended. I apologize for my obtuse sense of humor telling the wiz to jump off a cliff. Heck, the name of the thread was... jump off a cliff and he dared all near Laughlin to jump off a cliff but he didn't see the humor or connection. Am or was I wrong... yes and I just want to say that I apologize for those comments and explain that at times I am emotional and I react poorly instead of thinking first. I had a bad week that week losing 55k so it may have helped cause my lashing out. Also I have a lump growing in my body that is messing with my mind. Also, I have a tendency in my whole life to self destruct for no reason. I've always liked quitting jobs just to prove I could find another or even go back in a year or so. I'd run away from apartments, money, friends and family just so I could move to a new city and live on the street to see if I could climb the mountain again. I am sure they have a clinical name for this disorder and I'm sure I have other mental problems as well. Heck it runs in my family somewhat. So before I get banned from this site I just wanted to say that I'm sorry and I apologize and I'm still trying to become a better, nicer individual. I've made some progress in the last ten years. I have a wife, uncle, 2 dogs, house, 3 cars, plenty of cash so I'm more stable than before but it is true I have a long way to go. Just in case it isn't clear... I'm sorry Mr. Wizard for my derogatory comments to and or about you.
January 5th, 2018 at 8:11:37 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
I'm sorry you got banned on WoV, too. There are many who miss you there. I don't think there is an
avenue of redemption available at the moment, though I could be wrong.

I'm sure the apology and explanation above matters some to the Wizard. So it's good you offer one here freely. And says something good about you, that you acknowledge your responsibility in the banning.

What I know of you, I vouch for (both here, now and have in the past). I think you are a valuable and worthwhile person.

It is said that we all carry within us the seeds of our destruction. And are sometimes our own worst enemies. So if that applies to you as you describe above, you have a lot of company. Hello, fellow imperfect human.

I'm not a moderator here, but Wizard has said many times the sites are now separate. I would think if you are able to contribute within the (slightly looser) rule structure here, you will continue to be welcome.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
January 5th, 2018 at 8:42:13 PM permalink
Monet
Threads: 0
Thanks, and no worries I just wanted to sincerely apologize to all for my actions. This is not to get anything in return. It is very rare for me to apologize for anything but I am supposed to be living a life of self sacrifice. A life of not owning or having Earthly possessions. I'm supposed to be loving my enemies more so than my family and friends. I've known this life plan since I was 9 years old or at least I thought I understood it but I was wrong. I ended up mixing love of Mammon with Love of God. I misunderstood for many years that loving pleasure over God is wrong. I sold out around 9 or 10 years old and recently in the last 8 years or so my understanding of what we as individuals are supposed to do or how we are supposed to act according to the plan has increased tremendously. The problem is having knowledge is only half of the equation and it is more important to prove the knowledge with actions. This is why we say actions speak louder than words. I think James said it best. He basically said that if you say you know Jesus or God but act like the rest of the world you are lying to yourself. I could go on and on but in reality I just wanted to apologize sincerely if that is worth anything and I hope others can appreciate that gesture.