Random Thought of the Day

March 10th, 2018 at 8:25:01 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: Fleastiff
Tell him that neither the corn husks nor the hogs will ever tell him he is an hour late or an hour early.

The cows WILL tell you if you're late. They get in a milking schedule, and it's very painful for them if it gets delayed much.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
March 10th, 2018 at 10:42:58 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: beachbumbabs
The cows WILL tell you if you're late. They get in a milking schedule, and it's very painful for them if it gets delayed much.
That's why milk goats are better than cows. If you don't wake up in time to milk a goat in the morning, she will kick you out of bed.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 11th, 2018 at 12:59:06 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: petroglyph
That's why milk goats are better than cows. If you don't wake up in time to milk a goat in the morning, she will kick you out of bed.
I have a new found appreciation for that woman I met who paid off a mortgage and raised five daughters via goat-milk products.
March 11th, 2018 at 1:23:04 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Fleastiff
I have a new found appreciation for that woman I met who paid off a mortgage and raised five daughters via goat-milk products.
I hear raising chevon for Muslims is a cottage industry.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 11th, 2018 at 6:13:53 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Not in my cottage. (If I had one). Neither Halal nor Kosher are humane.
March 11th, 2018 at 8:11:52 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: beachbumbabs

Then I suggest that the farmer continue getting up at 5:00 AM standard time. If no one tells the cows that DST is being observed, I think he can pull it off.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
March 11th, 2018 at 8:15:07 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Evenbob
I prefer living on planet earth. Every
person I know who moved to Alaska
in the last 50 years moved back to the
lower 48 after a couple years. Nobody
can love the dark that much and be
normal.

That's because the Alaskan immigrants didn't do their homework. They didn't pick up on the fact that the Inuit only spend the summers in the Arctic and winter in Florida.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 11th, 2018 at 9:11:02 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: petroglyph

By far a goat's best feature is its mastery of landscaping. You have a lot that's just briar patches and bramble bushes? Fence it off and toss in some goats. Half a dozen will reduce an acre of impenetrable rabbit territory into trees and a proper yard in 2 days.

Sure is cheaper than a Huskvarna plus a man to run it. And if you've had something better than their milkshakes, you're a liar.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
March 11th, 2018 at 10:14:28 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: Face
By far a goat's best feature is its mastery of landscaping. You have a lot that's just briar patches and bramble bushes? Fence it off and toss in some goats. Half a dozen will reduce an acre of impenetrable rabbit territory into trees and a proper yard in 2 days.

Sure is cheaper than a Huskvarna plus a man to run it. And if you've had something better than their milkshakes, you're a liar.

Goats are great. Especially mini-goats. They're very funny and smarter than I thought. And, yeah, very good at the lawn care thing. My niece raised from 4 to 10 in her high school years. Really enjoyed them, especially the kids.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
March 11th, 2018 at 2:04:20 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Yeah, all these brush clearing and lawn care services around here just need to lease out some goats along with a llama to protect and herd them, instead they drive around with humungous trailers and start each day buying a fortune in gasoline for all those mowers and bushwackers.

Trouble is goats won't eat ants or termites.