Random Thought of the Day

July 20th, 2018 at 10:52:00 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Best public naming project ever.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 21st, 2018 at 8:05:16 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Then you missed the Gritsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Anti Slip Machiney (road salter), in conjunction with David Plowie (plow, obv)

Don't go to UK. Tis a silly place
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
July 21st, 2018 at 7:21:16 PM permalink
rxwine
I just realized today I don't know a thing about where the Stormtroopers originate from. What world do they come from? Are they slaves? Are they captured from other worlds?

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 21st, 2018 at 10:34:54 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
I just realized today I don't know a thing about where the Stormtroopers originate from.

From the wardrobe dept at the studio,
duh. They're aren't real, ya know.

What's with the giant cod piece on
their ridiculous costume, are they
packing babies arms down there?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 23rd, 2018 at 2:45:41 PM permalink
rxwine
It rained so dang much yesterday, I thought about launching my boat. If I had a boat.

The community has plenty of water retention ponds, so that helps quite a bit. Might take a 500 year rain to get really bad flooding. (Not 500 years of rain, but that would also do it.)

When I lived in Vegas, water diversion was still too much of a problem. A half inch of rain created flooding. Ridiculous. Hopefully it's better now.

Apparently in some areas, ground that gets too dry actually has more trouble absorbing water; too hard and it runs off instead of absorbing.
July 23rd, 2018 at 2:50:54 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
The community has plenty of water retention ponds,.

What community. Lake MI is our retention
pond, all rivers here get to it eventually.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 23rd, 2018 at 3:04:44 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Evenbob
What community. Lake MI is our retention
pond, all rivers here get to it eventually.

Michigan is 32nd in rainfall. Florida is 5. Much of the land is likely converted swamp or low lying at any rate.
July 27th, 2018 at 12:32:30 AM permalink
rxwine
From 2000AD’s Tharg’s Future Shock (borrowed from elsewhere)

Quote:
On the planet Twopp, crime is so rampant that even the Prime Minister, Chancellor, and Commissioner are robbed down to their underwear on their way to visit double-brained, four-eyed “Mutant Supermind” Abelard Snazz, President of Think, Inc.

The officials of Twopp ask Snazz for a solution to the planet’s crime problem. Snazz’s answer is to create a race of giant police robots, heavily armed and programmed to make unlimited arrests. Snazz is hailed as a genius by his sycophantic robot assistant, Edwin. Unfortunately, the police robots are so efficient that they arrest all of the criminals on the planet, and continue to fill out their arrest quotient by arresting citizens for minor offences, such as breaking the laws of etiquette, good taste, and grammar.

With everybody getting arrested, the officials return to Snazz for help. Snazz creates a race of giant criminal robots to keep the robot police busy, thus saving innocent people from being arrested. However, the perfectly matched conflict between the robot police and robot criminals creates an all-out war which kills scores of innocent bystanders.

After another visit from the officials, Snazz’s latest solution is to create a race of little robot innocent bystanders to suffer in the humans’ stead. This saves the people from harm, but it also leaves the planet Twopp overcrowded with robots. The humans abandon the planet, and when Snazz announces his idea of building a giant robot planet for them, the enraged officials have had enough and eject Snazz and Edwin into outer space.
August 1st, 2018 at 12:59:17 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
Andrew Jackson taught his parrot curse words
Poll the parrot had such a foul mouth that it had to be removed from the president's funeral because it was cursing too much.

And it was probably best part of the funeral until it got ousted. I would be disappointed. I assume Jackson would also.

Free bird!
August 3rd, 2018 at 3:46:23 PM permalink
rxwine
Earlier today

100 goats on the loose

News on the ground
Quote:
KTVB’s Joe Parris broke the story, which begins with neighbors on a block in West Boise waking up to dozens and dozens of goats breakfasting on lawns, rose bushes, shrubs, trees. “They’re just going yard to yard eating everyone’s front lawn

Later that day:
All the goats have been rounded up
And...

rimshot
https://www.vox.com/2018/8/3/17648780/goats-boise-idaho-neighborhood