Random Thought of the Day

March 6th, 2019 at 10:45:44 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
No need to let Amazon monopolize drone delivery.

With the drone I have, I can go on google maps select a point up to two miles away and send the drone there completely autonomously. It will land within a few feet of the target.

I usually program for 125ft as that's high enough for most objects, but if need be, I can program it to go over or around something. 125ft is also low enough to avoid any possible low flying helicopter.

Are there specific rules you must follow when sending your drone somewhere? Speed limit? Height limit? No go areas? Do you need some kind of insurance in case your drone blinds a passerby? If your drone lands on my property uninvited is it trespassing? Can I legally destroy it?
March 6th, 2019 at 11:29:31 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
Are there specific rules you must follow when sending your drone somewhere? Speed limit? Height limit? No go areas? Do you need some kind of insurance in case your drone blinds a passerby? If your drone lands on my property uninvited is it trespassing? Can I legally destroy it?

All sorts of restrictions exist now that didn't exist a couple years ago.

For instance when there is any large public event they literally shut down the drones electronically. They won't take off. If I hit someone, of course I can be charged. Drones are required to have registration just like any aircraft. They have to be really light to be legally unregistered.

There's really only a few places near me I can fly easily now. You can get permission to fly some places. My early flights were like the ones I described, but only fly that way now in areas where I know there will be no restrictions.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 6th, 2019 at 11:35:40 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
f your drone lands on my property uninvited is it trespassing? Can I legally destroy it?

About as legally as destroying any plane which lands on your property. I mean, if a car runs off the road and onto your property can you legally take a sledge hammer to it? I don't think so, but could be wrong. Perhaps intentionally landing on private property is trespassing. Never tested it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 21st, 2019 at 2:08:48 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
The figure in Edvard Munch's iconic artwork, "The Scream," is not actually screaming, as is widely assumed, the British Museum said on Wednesday. Instead, it is reacting to a scream.

How do you like that?
April 11th, 2019 at 4:22:54 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
get it right! [though she seems overly critical of those who get it only slightly, or debatably, wrong]

and what is a good over/under for "how long we need to care" for those who want to bet?

I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
April 11th, 2019 at 4:48:51 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: odiousgambit
get it right! [though she seems overly critical of those who get it only slightly, or debatably, wrong]

and what is a good over/under for "how long we need to care" for those who want to bet?

Call him Mayor B
Works for Coach K
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 11th, 2019 at 9:48:24 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: terapined

Call him Mayor B
Works for Coach K

It's ButtCrack for me, so fitting.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 11th, 2019 at 12:08:21 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: Evenbob
It's ButtCrack for me, so fitting.
you could almost say that quickly and not have someone realize you were playing with the name! I might try that ...
April 11th, 2019 at 12:16:59 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: odiousgambit
you could almost say that quickly and not have someone realize you were playing with the name! I might try that ...

Say Mayor Pete Butt-a-crack fast and
they won't notice. Butt crack, what he
is and what he loves..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 12th, 2019 at 5:25:27 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Oh, Buttigieg is gay I see [had to search it], I hadn't picked up on that.