Random Thought of the Day

May 10th, 2019 at 7:39:31 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: odiousgambit
this comment automatically alerts Homeland Security *

sodium hydroxide is just lye, it's probably on the same shelf with the liquid drain cleaner

*I wonder if they can really monitor absolutely everything on the internet; actually I assume not, unless tipped off. Watching true crime shows, they seem to need to seize your computer to know what you've been up to

Btw, I was picked up, flown to Afghanistan, interrogated in a cold dark room by men in black hoods then flown back to the USA.

So, I guess they don't care is what I'm saying.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 16th, 2019 at 12:17:05 AM permalink
rxwine
A man entered a restaurant and sat at the only open table. As he sat down, he knocked the spoon off the table with his elbow. A nearby waiter reached into his shirt pocket, pulled out a clean spoon, and set it on the table. The diner was impressed. "Do all the waiters here carry spoons in their pockets?"

The waiter replied, "Yes. Ever since an efficiency expert visited our restaurant. He determined that 17.8% of our diners knock the spoon off the table. By carrying clean spoons with us, we save trips to the kitchen."

The diner ate his meal. As he was paying the waiter, he commented, "Forgive the intrusion, but do you know that you have a string hanging from your fly?"

The waiter replied, "Yes, we all do. Seems that the same efficiency expert determined that we spend too much time washing our hands after using the men's room. So, the other end of that string is tied to my penis. When I need to go, I simply pull the string, do my thing, and then return to work. Having never touched myself, there really is no need to wash my hands. Saves a lot of time."

"Wait a minute," said the diner, "How do you get your penis back in your pants?"

"Well, I don't know about the other guys, but I use the spoon."
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 18th, 2019 at 7:00:56 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I wonder if the Australian system would work here. Twenty dollar fine for not voting and a written explanation, Failure to respond properly means you go before a judge and face a much more serious penalty.
May 18th, 2019 at 7:25:22 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Fleastiff
I wonder if the Australian system would work here. Twenty dollar fine for not voting and a written explanation, Failure to respond properly means you go before a judge and face a much more serious penalty.

Why would you want to force people to vote?
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 18th, 2019 at 5:35:21 PM permalink
rxwine
Definitely went the extra mile for his client.

Quote:
Vallandigham died in 1871 in Lebanon, Ohio, at the age of 50, after accidentally shooting himself in the abdomen with a pistol.

He was representing a defendant, Thomas McGehean,[66] in a murder case for killing a man in a barroom brawl in Hamilton, Ohio. Vallandigham attempted to prove the victim, Tom Myers, had in fact accidentally shot himself while drawing his pistol from a pocket while rising from a kneeling position.

As Vallandigham conferred with fellow defense attorneys in his hotel room at the Lebanon House, today's Golden Lamb Inn, he showed them how he would demonstrate this to the jury. Selecting a pistol he believed to be unloaded, he put it in his pocket and enacted the events as they might have happened, snagging the loaded gun on his clothing and unintentionally causing it to discharge into his belly. Although he was fatally wounded, Vallandigham's demonstration proved his point, and the defendant, Thomas McGehean, was acquitted and released from custody (only to be shot to death four years later in his saloon).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clement_Vallandigham
May 19th, 2019 at 5:57:23 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I went to the UFC fights last night in Rochester. I take it for granted now, but my enjoyment of the event would have been marred if people were smoking cigarettes in the arena. That is one policy I am very happy has been implemented almost everywhere. Too bad Vegas is still Neanderthal.....
May 19th, 2019 at 6:50:10 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: kenarman
Why would you want to force people to vote?

We force little brats to pledge allegiance to the flag each day and to attend degrading and demoralizing schools.
May 20th, 2019 at 8:02:14 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
We force little brats to pledge allegiance to the flag each day and to attend degrading and demoralizing schools.

How does that relate to my question? We don't force adults to do much, we do however prohibit them from doing a multitude of things.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 20th, 2019 at 8:46:42 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: kenarman
We don't force adults to do much, we do however prohibit them from doing a multitude of things.
Precisely. After years of this "its your civic duty" to pledge allegiance each day and your "civic duty" to attend degrading and demoralizing schools, this 'civic duty" to vote seems a very minor intrusion.
May 21st, 2019 at 4:41:40 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Precisely. After years of this "its your civic duty" to pledge allegiance each day and your "civic duty" to attend degrading and demoralizing schools, this 'civic duty" to vote seems a very minor intrusion.

I never felt any school I attended was degrading or demoralizing.