Random Thought of the Day

December 1st, 2019 at 4:22:10 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
It's just now Monday, being just past midnight, in a narrow slice of the world only

Just past the International Date Line of course, including Auckland NZ, 1:22 AM while 4:22 AM West Coast on the time mark of this post, you may note, but Sunday here

don't ask me why I needed to know that all of a sudden.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 2nd, 2019 at 2:59:15 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
'Farkleshnarkle' was a word that some of us used, I'm thinking teenage years or so. It had flexible meaning, but basically 'nonsense' but also might be be a substitute name for a preposterous person.

The internet, slang dictionary and all, comes up empty on this, I just found out.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 2nd, 2019 at 4:20:57 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Since FACE brought it up, I have just returned to playing basketball after a long hiatus due to a shoulder injury. I played around 90 minutes of full court, with guys ranging from 18 to 62, I think. No new injury. No particular hard foul that I remember. For the next day and a half I felt like someone beat the sh.t out of me. I LOVE it! I now have a much better outlook on this retirement thing!
I went to the 'world's biggest disco' Saturday night. In the convention center. I am glad I am a man! So crowded they brought in a bank of porta potties as the permanent bathrooms would not be nearly enough for the thousands in attendance. i went to the regular men's bathroom with a 5-10 minute wait. I was told the wait for the ladies room was an HOUR!
December 2nd, 2019 at 4:27:38 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Was it live bands or did they have a DJ with a mouse head?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 2nd, 2019 at 4:31:29 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: rxwine
Was it live bands or did they have a DJ with a mouse head?

Both. They had some 'celebrities'. Danny Terrio, John Schneider, Joyce DeWitt as examples. I wore a 'pimp costume with my hairy chest exposed'. I was surprised at how many party goers asked me to be in a picture with them.
December 2nd, 2019 at 5:17:37 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: SOOPOO
Both. They had some 'celebrities'. Danny Terrio, John Schneider, Joyce DeWitt as examples. I wore a 'pimp costume with my hairy chest exposed'. I was surprised at how many party goers asked me to be in a picture with them.

Maybe they mistook you for Ron Jeremy. Not sure why I suddenly thought of that comparison.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 4th, 2019 at 5:41:03 AM permalink
SOOPOO
I love my wife! Every now and then she goes off on a rant that has me, well, LOL!
I get a news feed from Yahoo. This was a "story" they sent me.

Cardi B. reacts to Husband Offset's alleged DM to Tekashi 6ix9ine's girlfriend.

Her comments included a lot of "F" words, asking what language was it, and basically a long rant about Who The F... could possibly decide that is NEWS!
December 4th, 2019 at 10:51:56 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: SOOPOO
I love my wife!

You're a newlywed. Don't worry. it
will wear off..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 4th, 2019 at 1:51:04 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Evenbob
You're a newlywed. Don't worry. it
will wear off..

Actually made me wonder if there is an ideal amount of time to spend together in order to preserve a relationship. Not just marriage, but roommates, rock bands, etc.,
December 4th, 2019 at 1:52:59 PM permalink
rxwine
I suggest don’t try to get to know someone too fast. You have to spread it out over a lifetime, now