Random Thought of the Day

March 30th, 2020 at 11:56:35 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: odiousgambit
Hogan's Heroes had ridiculous plots that made it almost unwatchable, but the characters were good* and have proved to have lived on, so to speak

I saw a 50s episode of "alfred hitchcock presents" that had both the actor that played Col Klink and the actor that played Sgt. Schultz on it, together.

*I almost used 'great' but changed it ... too much praise is not fitting for any part of that show

I saw a list that had Hogan's Heroes as one of the ten worst shows ever made. For me, that is the silly type of brain candy I want to watch when I watch tv.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 30th, 2020 at 4:08:02 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Bob cracked the 20K mark for pearls of wisdom!
March 30th, 2020 at 9:30:57 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Time for all parents to get a taste of home schooling, see what they can teach their own children.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 31st, 2020 at 9:19:18 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
Hogan's Heroes had ridiculous plots that made it almost unwatchable, but the characters were good* and have proved to have lived on, so to speak

I saw a 50s episode of "alfred hitchcock presents" that had both the actor that played Col Klink and the actor that played Sgt. Schultz on it, together.

*I almost used 'great' but changed it ... too much praise is not fitting for any part of that show

I saw a list that had Hogan's Heroes as one of the ten worst shows ever made. For me, that is the silly type of brain candy I want to watch when I watch tv.

I loved Hogans Heroes
Right up there with the great Mchales Navy
Probabbly watched every episode of both shows mutiple times. Afternoon after school syndicated TV broadcasted 5 days a week.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 31st, 2020 at 9:21:58 AM permalink
DRich
Quote: terapined
Quote: DRich

I loved Hogans Heroes
Right up there with the great Mchales Navy
Probabbly watched every episode of both shows mutiple times. Afternoon after school syndicated TV broadcasted 5 days a week.

Wow, thank you. I haven't even thought of McHale's Navy in 20 years. I might have to see if it is online anywhere for streaming.
April 3rd, 2020 at 10:43:15 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Its no longer rude to let the elevator doors close as somebody is rushing to the door :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 3rd, 2020 at 11:09:17 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: terapined
Its no longer rude to let the elevator doors close as somebody is rushing to the door :-)

Haven't had to take an elevator in a couple weeks, but I will take the stairs now. Unless it's like 9 floors.

I once lived 9 floors up. Once in awhile I would take the stairs, but only if I didn't worry about working up a sweat.

When I first moved in, the moving guys couldn't fit my tv/stereo into the elevator. Maybe if they took it out of the larger box they could've, but they didn't and two of them carried the thing up all 9 floors.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 3rd, 2020 at 11:10:19 AM permalink
rxwine
And it was old, heavy, and wasn't really worth that much.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 3rd, 2020 at 1:52:03 PM permalink
DRich
I have never lived higher than the second floor and taking the stairs was exhausting.
April 23rd, 2020 at 10:16:42 PM permalink
rxwine