Random Thought of the Day

June 23rd, 2021 at 3:15:24 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
there's a deer in my yard that's been strongly disapproving of the fact that I took a whiz in the driveway this morning... he's been snorting and stamping a hoof for about 30 minutes now.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
June 23rd, 2021 at 6:22:34 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: odiousgambit
there's a deer in my yard that's been strongly disapproving of the fact that I took a whiz in the driveway this morning... he's been snorting and stamping a hoof for about 30 minutes now.

Haha! I'll have to see if that's repeatable!
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 23rd, 2021 at 6:45:32 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: odiousgambit

Well get out there and defend your territory!
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 23rd, 2021 at 9:06:04 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I have cooked and eaten a lot of chicken in my life. Tons of chicken. Gotten sick from undercooked chicken. No way I eat chicken that's pink anywhere. Give it to the animals, the dog loves it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 23rd, 2021 at 5:27:46 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: kenarman
Well get out there and defend your territory!
I think he might have kicked my ass!
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
June 24th, 2021 at 7:02:08 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Was looking up a charity.

Quote:
Rating for Kars4Kids - Charity Navigator
Kars4Kids is rated 1 out of 4 stars by Charity Navigator. Kars4Kids receives 69.87 out of 100 for their Charity Navigator rating. Kars4Kids is a Children's and Family Services charity located in Lakewood, NJ.

Pretty poor rating.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 2nd, 2021 at 7:04:36 AM permalink
rxwine
Just saw as article that said it is not that uncommon for a restaurant to take 3% of the server’s tip if you put it on a credit card. And that it’s for the restaurant, not just the cook or busboy.

The complaint the article author has, is there is never any sign or notice that this is being done.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 2nd, 2021 at 7:19:00 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
Just saw as article that said it is not that uncommon for a restaurant to take 3% of the server’s tip if you put it on a credit card. And that it’s for the restaurant, not just the cook or busboy.

The complaint the article author has, is there is never any sign or notice that this is being done.

The restaurant is just recovering the discounted amount on the credit card that they actually receive. The restaurant is probably paying 1 to 1.5% on a plain jane card if they do much volume. If it is a cash back/high rewards card then they could easily be losing 3% if they are a small single restaurant. You didn't think that the credit card companies actually pay the cash back did you? They recover it from the merchants.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 2nd, 2021 at 7:26:27 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: kenarman
The restaurant is just recovering the discounted amount on the credit card that they actually receive. The restaurant is probably paying 1 to 1.5% on a plain jane card if they do much volume. If it is a cash back/high rewards card then they could easily be losing 3% if they are a small single restaurant. You didn't think that the credit card companies actually pay the cash back did you? They recover it from the merchants.

That’s not the complaint though. They’re not notifying you that the server’s tip is also paying for a process fee, instead of the restaurant menu charge.
July 2nd, 2021 at 7:28:40 AM permalink
rxwine
For instance they notify you when you have a automatic increased group tip,