Random Thought of the Day

July 24th, 2021 at 7:26:37 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: missedhervee
Wife and I have separate bathrooms and bedrooms.

Why not?

It's just the two of us now.

It's a 3 bath, 4 bedroom house.

We own it, we might as well use it.

My wife and I have an empty bedroom in the house. We still sleep in the same bed. Different strokes for different folks.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 24th, 2021 at 8:22:59 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
We shared a bed for a long time but finally decided to do separate rooms, as I am an night owl who likes to read in bed, and she likes to go to bed earlier.

Used to piss her off when I finally came in, got in bed and turned on the light (usually woke her up).

This way we both get what we want without disturbing the other.
July 24th, 2021 at 9:50:25 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: missedhervee
We shared a bed for a long time but finally decided to do separate rooms,

Besides what we do in the bathroom sleeping is the most private thing we do. My wife agrees, she loves sleeping alone. She did not at first like it but now she would never go back to sleeping together. I never liked sleeping with someone.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 27th, 2021 at 2:01:40 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I was hoping the fence would get stolen and carted off. The whole thing is butt ugly. Seems like the pile of materials has to be guarded or it will disappear?

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/biden-administration-spending-3-million-day-suspend-border-wall-construction-senate
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 1st, 2021 at 10:08:32 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Didn't know this.

Quote:
the National Dash Cam Safety Portal (NDCSP), now allows people to send footage to the relevant police force along with a police report if they have recorded reckless driving or an incident on their Dash Cam. This footage can be used to prove fault in the case of an incident or even just highlight dangerous driving to the police. A a free initiative by Nextbase as we look to use our platform and Dash Cams to improve road safety. The NDCSP has already led to around 1,200 prosecutions due to footage sent to the police being followed up. The portal has saved police over 68,000 hours of incident processing in just a year, saving such a large amount of time means police can review a lot more footage and the roads get safer as a result.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 1st, 2021 at 12:03:06 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: rxwine
Didn't know this.

Turning each other in to the authorities. Sounds very familiar, ratting out your neighbor was a cottage industry in the old USSR.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 1st, 2021 at 12:27:50 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Evenbob
Turning each other in to the authorities. Sounds very familiar, ratting out your neighbor was a cottage industry in the old USSR.

You'd prefer criminality?

Had an 18 wheeler turn right into me Friday on purpose. He came up passing me, so he was either completely blind when he turned or he did it on purpose.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 1st, 2021 at 12:36:32 PM permalink
Evenbob
You'd prefer criminality?

That is exactly what the Soviets used to say..
August 1st, 2021 at 12:44:29 PM permalink
rxwine
How gangs eventually take over neighborhoods is people avoid "squealing" early on and won't report anything. Until too late.
August 1st, 2021 at 2:43:57 PM permalink
Evenbob
How gangs eventually take over neighborhoods is people avoid "squealing" early on and won't report anything. Until too late.

Actually testifying against a gang in your neighborhood is a good way to get you and your family killed.