Random Thought of the Day

August 2nd, 2021 at 7:45:08 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
You guys all sound like kids in grade 3. Teacher, teacher Johnny stuck his tongue out at me.

I agree
Its childish to go to the justice dept like a crybaby complaining about Fauci just because you dont like his answer
Rand Paul needs to grow up
Its chilling
We need people to testify without threat of prosecution simply because a Senator does not like an answer because it doesn't fit into his political fantasy

This is pretty much what happened
Fauci - its complicated
Rand Paul - Its simple, admit that you are Dr Evil or I will go to the justice dept to prosecute you for lying because you wont admit you are Dr Evil
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 2nd, 2021 at 8:15:23 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
I agree
Its childish to go to the justice dept like a crybaby complaining about Fauci just because you dont like his answer
Rand Paul needs to grow up
Its chilling
We need people to testify without threat of prosecution simply because a Senator does not like an answer because it doesn't fit into his political fantasy

This is pretty much what happened
Fauci - its complicated
Rand Paul - Its simple, admit that you are Dr Evil or I will go to the justice dept to prosecute you for lying because you wont admit you are Dr Evil

I am fine with that but it certainly wasn't the way Trump was treated. Should extend it to most of the protestors in January as well.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
August 2nd, 2021 at 10:04:38 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
I am fine with that but it certainly wasn't the way Trump was treated. Should extend it to most of the protestors in January as well.

Trump was treated better than he deserved.
August 2nd, 2021 at 10:57:37 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: missedhervee
Trump was treated better than he deserved.

Hate is such a destructive emotion it screws up the brains ability to make rational decisions.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
August 2nd, 2021 at 11:01:14 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Exactly!

That helps explain why Trump went off the rails.
August 2nd, 2021 at 12:15:12 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
North Korea also strongly encourages you to turn in you neighbour. Let all be more like N. Korea.

It's a Commie thing. Lefty's like anything that's Commie. They will love love love when Kommie Kammy the sworn in
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 4th, 2021 at 5:18:16 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
I owe EvenBob an apology for a post that I can't seem to find, so I'm not going to quote it. He's free to quote it.

I didn't break any Forum Rules, but I guess my post was, "Insensitive," or whatever someone would want to call it.

If nothing else, I'd always gathered from EvenBob's posts that he's emotionally extremely tough...but (while he is still probably very tough---that's a compliment); I think I perhaps overrated him on it.

Evenbob recently had some personal happenings that he shared and I did the Schadenfreude Dance in response. I guess it's fine for a person to do that if it's a person in a news story, or some generalized person...though I guess it crosses a line if it's some message board participant who is (by their own admission) basically a recluse, takes shots at you all the time and you're never going to meet them in your life.

Anyway, I apparently hurt Evenbob's feelings. For that, I apologize. I was quite convinced that EvenBob doesn't like me, so I simply saw myself as throwing a haymaker in our back and forth whilst still following the rules.

I will give Evenbob 24 hours to accept this apology if he wants to, then I am blocking him. Nothing good ever comes from he and I speaking to one another.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 4th, 2021 at 6:32:04 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
he should forgive you

he can't forget though. Not after what you said about his cooking anyway. The rest is no doubt quite forgettable.

I certainly missed the whole thing, besides the dishes he cooked insults
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
August 4th, 2021 at 6:50:49 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: odiousgambit
he should forgive you

he can't forget though. Not after what you said about his cooking anyway. The rest is no doubt quite forgettable.

I certainly missed the whole thing, besides the dishes he cooked insults

Not insults! They pertained directly in response to posts and were, therefore, legal. I said that those dishes were bad; I never called him a bad cook.

I also meant them---it's cooking straight out of the 1940's, at least, what I saw pictured. Just a big pile of crap with all the different things just kind of piled on top of one another. Those dishes have no grace.

That said, I will admit that his chicken soup looks pretty amazing, but that's the only dish I liked.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 4th, 2021 at 7:11:59 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I never thought the 'thumbs-downs' were against the rules
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]