Random Thought of the Day

February 3rd, 2022 at 7:47:14 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
Upcoming Olympics in China looks like an episode of Squid Game. All these officials walking around in hazmat suits vs. the Olympians /competitors.

I enjoyed watching the Curling event yesterday. Just not enough Curling on TV.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 3rd, 2022 at 7:53:54 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: DRich

The Canadian Women's Championship (Scotties) is on all week you might be able to find it streaming if not regular TV.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
February 3rd, 2022 at 11:50:59 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

I find the strategy for curling very interesting. And having tried it once, it ain't easy! I get it on a few different channels periodically. Probably why my cable bill is over $200.... Gotta go... Turkish SuperLig soccer is on now...
February 4th, 2022 at 8:44:02 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Recorded the opening ceremony of Olympics at 6:30 am which repeats in prime time on NBC.

If you decide to watch it you can skip the first 30 minutes of commercials and filler.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 4th, 2022 at 8:46:25 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
The drums of their previous olympics was more impressive than all these fluorescent green pool noodles.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 4th, 2022 at 10:38:10 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
Recorded the opening ceremony of Olympics at 6:30 am which repeats in prime time on NBC.

If you decide to watch it you can skip the first 30 minutes of commercials and filler.

Thanks
I watch all the opening ceremonies
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 5th, 2022 at 1:03:37 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Arizona Pride tour bringing drag kings, queens to Havasu, at the London Bridge resort for a week end. The self described family friendly show is bringing kings and queens from all over the state, with all proceeds going to the Girl Scouts. The event wanted to extend it's reach to rural areas of the state where there is little to no LGBQT resources or representation.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
February 5th, 2022 at 5:15:31 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
Thanks
I watch all the opening ceremonies

I am the opposite. I have zero interest in the opening or closing ceremony. I just want to watch sports.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 5th, 2022 at 5:18:12 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I am the opposite. I have zero interest in the opening or closing ceremony. .

I have no interest in any of it I couldn't watch it anyway cuz I don't have cable anymore. The only thing worse than the summer olympics is the Winter Olympics.
At least at the Summer Olympics has women's volleyball and their tight short shorts. The Winter Olympics has nothing worth watching. Way too many Gay events for me.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 6th, 2022 at 8:33:42 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: Evenbob
The Winter Olympics has nothing worth watching. Way too many Gay events for me.

What, you think those downhill racers, ice hockey players and slalom skiers are homosexual?

BTW you can stream the Olympics on Peacock, NBC's streaming service.

You say you can't watch the Olympics because you don't have cable, yet you watch "the new Sex and the City series" which you label as a "wokefest :" so yeah, you could watch the Olympics.