Random Thought of the Day

May 17th, 2022 at 6:51:28 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: terapined

A guy going out on the savannah known for getting paid by wealthy clients is gonna be a target for other criminal elements. Wouldn't be surprised if he got ambushed and put on the croc menu. Mo money requires mo security; being cheap is bad for your health.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 18th, 2022 at 6:11:56 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: rxwine
Sometimes I look up numbers of people who call me who I don’t know. Most of the time it’s spam or listed as possible fraud. But there was a women listed. I didn’t recognize her last name, but with women there’s always possibility of a married name. So I went to all her previous addresses listed, to see if there was any place on it I lived at one time.

There were a few. Each one list the year lived there.

(list deleted)
what, I don't get it, some woman is stalking you?
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
May 18th, 2022 at 6:13:30 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Joe Kernan joke this morning: changing what he asks for in a restaurant reservation these days, is now "can I get a table near a waiter?"
May 18th, 2022 at 7:02:08 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: odiousgambit
what, I don't get it, some woman is stalking you?

Not as far as I know. Don't you ever get unknown numbers calling you and don't pick up, but the phone records the number? I once did have a woman texting complaining about me standing her up. But since I had changed to a brand new number, I'm pretty sure it wasn't for me. I read her messages for awhile, and then blocked her. And it was all in Spanish also.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 18th, 2022 at 8:26:59 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Not as far as I know.  Don't you ever get unknown numbers calling you and don't pick up, but the phone records the number?  I once did have a woman texting complaining about me standing her up.  But since I had changed to a brand new number, I'm pretty sure it wasn't for me.  I read her messages for awhile, and  then blocked her.  And it was all in Spanish also.
i've had some strange stuff recently that seemed connected to phishing, a text started it saying it was from gmail and "here is your temporary password" or something* then followed up by gmail seemingly authentic saying they blocked an attempt connected to a certain email address [odd]

using this lead I found a woman on facebook connected to the email. She had several facebook IDs otherwise I might have thought she was just being used. Or maybe she was. I certainly have no idea why she would try to break into my gmail. The scenario may be she clicked on "forgot password" generating the first thing, then hoped I'd call her, then tell her what the new password was after being persuaded? My old password still works, though... would it not have for a short period?

yeah, I know, not the same thing but thought I'd share it

*a trojan horse I guess but actually have trouble believing anyone switches their password to a suggested password. Maybe the above scenario happened?
May 22nd, 2022 at 11:33:46 AM permalink
rxwine
Ever wonder what bottle girls make when they work a private cabana.

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AAXwFCn.img?w=768&h=384&m=6&x=556&y=70&s=91&d=91
May 25th, 2022 at 6:51:18 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
Near my house, there used to be a beautiful mini Woods filled with beautiful trees for decades. That beautiful mini Woods is now a Laundromat and a Family Dollar! Sad!
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
May 26th, 2022 at 9:50:17 PM permalink
rxwine
If I can believe what I read, Ted Kaczynski (the Unabomber) has adjusted well in near solitary confinement at the Supermax prison. Hasn't driven him mad or nothin'. He still has computer knowledge, but it's mostly from 1996.
May 27th, 2022 at 4:41:00 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
If I can believe what I read, Ted Kaczynski (the Unabomber) has adjusted well in near solitary confinement at the Supermax prison. Hasn't driven him mad or nothin'. He still has computer knowledge, but it's mostly from 1996.

His life before prison was essentially solitary so I'm not surprised
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 27th, 2022 at 1:35:58 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

I did not realize that he was still alive.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.