Random Thought of the Day

March 13th, 2023 at 6:25:18 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I haven't heard Californians bitching about a lack of water this week.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 15th, 2023 at 2:05:31 AM permalink
PotPie
Threads: 5
30 million people are at risk of flood from continuing rainfall in California which is threatening levees.
70,000 people have been evacuated, many are living in shelters or in cars.
40 of the State's 58 counties are under a state of emergency.
A broken levee in Monterey was breached Friday.
The forecast calls for more rain in Monterey on Friday, and on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/14/weather/california-atmospheric-river-flood-tuesday/index.html
the foolish sayings of a rich man pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
March 15th, 2023 at 2:54:35 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: PotPie
30 million people are at risk of flood from continuing rainfall in California which is threatening levees.
70,000 people have been evacuated, many are living in shelters or in cars.
40 of the State's 58 counties are under a state of emergency.
A broken levee in Monterey was breached Friday.
The forecast calls for more rain in Monterey on Friday, and on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/14/weather/california-atmospheric-river-flood-tuesday/index.html
California gets the award for Least Prepared , or maybe the category should be Prepared for the Wrong Thing
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
March 15th, 2023 at 5:43:57 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Weren't Californians just complaining about they were going to run out of water?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 22nd, 2023 at 8:41:29 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Once in awhile a commercial really annoys me and grates on my nerves. Currently it's the Servpro commercial where that guy laughs after they drop a big bag of water on a house.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 23rd, 2023 at 6:09:20 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: rxwine
Once in awhile a commercial really annoys me and grates on my nerves. Currently it's the Servpro commercial where that guy laughs after they drop a big bag of water on a house.

currently quite irritated by a commercial for AT&T mobile, where without warning a woman suddenly appears to shout out "Lilly!" as that person walks into view

generally speaking, though, I have been quite fascinated by the recent history of commercials involving this personality. After not seeing her anymore after a very successful launch, youthful stage, several years ago, she was brought back using an agency that evidently gave no thought to how she might have changed. Her face was still pretty, but I think she had some babies perhaps in the meantime, and the butt, alas, had gotten a bit big for TV anyway. Briefly, I saw these stages play out: agency panic realizing this, massive overuse of make-up [solving a non-problem], new shots with less make-up but hiding the butt, newer shots with her on a monitor at times square [no butt shot necessary] , and finally now commercials with CGI transformation fixing all these problems!

Or is the final step now having someone shout "Lilly" in the beginning to warn you to 'change channels here comes a big butt'? jk
March 23rd, 2023 at 6:15:39 AM permalink
odiousgambit
March 23rd, 2023 at 6:21:18 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: odiousgambit
currently quite irritated by a commercial for AT&T mobile, where without warning a woman suddenly appears to shout out "Lilly!" as that person walks into view

generally speaking, though, I have been quite fascinated by the recent history of commercials involving this personality. After not seeing her anymore after a very successful launch, youthful stage, several years ago, she was brought back using an agency that evidently gave no thought to how she might have changed. Her face was still pretty, but I think she had some babies perhaps in the meantime, and the butt, alas, had gotten a bit big for TV anyway. Briefly, I saw these stages play out: agency panic realizing this, massive overuse of make-up [solving a non-problem], new shots with less make-up but hiding the butt, newer shots with her on a monitor at times square [no butt shot necessary] , and finally now commercials with CGI transformation fixing all these problems!

Or is the final step now having someone shout "Lilly" in the beginning to warn you to 'change channels here comes a big butt'? jk

The commercial must work
I have an AT&T phone
I find Lilly quite cute
What I can't stand are some of those Progressive commercials with that whole team of actors. I dont have progressive so that commercial ain't working for me.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 23rd, 2023 at 8:02:10 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: odiousgambit

I always enjoy the Mayhem commercials
These 2 are actually real brothers in real life
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 25th, 2023 at 5:15:29 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
A video is embedded in the Tweet thread.

It's interesting because the person "Gays Against Groomers" refers to a takeover of their community (see other posts too) by a group of a somewhat different kind.

------------------------------------

Gays Against Groomers

Mar 23, 2023

Keeping children away from predators is not “hate,” Jeffrey.

https://twitter.com/againstgrmrs/status/1639044464818769927?cxt=HHwWjsC-ibeQh78tAAAA

------------------------------------