Random Thought of the Day

January 10th, 2014 at 1:13:11 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Given the results of outlawing drugs and limiting immigration, the government should now declare war on education and health care.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
January 12th, 2014 at 1:23:12 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
If only more crime was this easy to solve -- and under a minute to do so!

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 13th, 2014 at 3:24:15 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Well, these reality shows featuring rude, arrogant dictatorial judges are probably scripted, but similar situations have in fact taken place in real court rooms. Once a burglary victim couldn't remember the CDs he had lost, so the defendant helped him list the items. Once a young girl accused of "practicing prostitution" said, "I wasn't practicing, I know how". And once two muggers were released to the elderly victim's shaky identification of them and they asked the cop about getting their money back. He told them go to the Police Property Clerk's office between 9:00 and 5:00. This evoked a response of "Jeez, we commit the perfect crime and now they won't give us our money" whereupon the cop immediately re-arrested them. And I guess you've all heard the one about the two girls who pointed guns at a baby carriage and told the mother to hand over her money. The distraught mother said all she had with her was her check book.... so the girls gave her their names and she wrote out a check. Cops went to a nearby check cashing service ... and there they were!
January 17th, 2014 at 4:16:59 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Of the things I really hate, I was just reminded of one:

You go to a website and a video starts playing automatically, loading and playing without clicking on it. Latest offender, Forbes.com.

I have noticed fewer places do this obnoxious thing
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
January 23rd, 2014 at 2:51:29 PM permalink
rxwine
Justin Bieber arrested for drag racing/ dui in Miami. That is his mugshot, albeit slightly altered by someone.

George Zimmerman sells an original oil painting for $100,000 on Ebay. Dude did something smart finally and found way to cash in.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 24th, 2014 at 1:13:58 AM permalink
rxwine
Why do people take drugs that make them crazy and then ride mass transit? In this case a bus. I'm not surprised they threw rocks at him. I'd likely participate in a beat down if I got hold of him.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/24/witness-says-man-who-attacked-bus-driver-on-ariz-highway-screamed-everyone/?intcmp=trending
January 27th, 2014 at 12:07:30 AM permalink
rxwine
Never heard a good cover of this song, or at least one I thought does it justice. The lyrics below as it is not easy to understand.

The first line of the song says, "How come he don't come and PLP with me down at the meter no more?" PLP stands for Public Leaning Post, old American slang for one person (usually female) leaning against another (usually male) in a friendly fashion

How come he don't come and p.l.p. with me
Down at the meter no more?
How come he turn off the TV
And he hang that sign on the door?
We call and we call "How come?" we say
What could make a boy behave this way?

He learn all of the lines, and every time he
don't stutter when he talk
And it's true! It's true! He sure is acquired a
cool and inspired sorta jazz when he walk
Where's his jacket and his old blue jeans?
If this ain't healthy is it some kinda clean?

I think that Chuck E's in love
Chuck E's in love

I don't believe what you're saying to me
This is something I gotta see Is he here?
Look in the poolhall Is he here?
Look in the drugstore Is he here?
No, he don't come here no more

I'll tell you what I saw him
He was sittin' behind us down at the Pantages
And whatever it is that he's got up his sleeve
I hope it isn't contagious
What's her name? Is that her there?
Christ, I think he's even combed his hair!

Is that her? What's her name?
Oh, it's never going to be same.
But that's not her
I know what's wrong--
Chuck E's in love with the little girl who's singing this song

Chuck E's in love
Chuck E's in love with me
January 28th, 2014 at 4:44:37 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
I just came across this pic on the intertron and I CANNOT stop laughing XD

Omg I'm gonna die... XD

I haven't laughed this hard... XD

Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
February 9th, 2014 at 8:28:43 PM permalink
rxwine
The drummer is pretty much performing his own show. Hard to tell what he's singing.

February 10th, 2014 at 3:38:20 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Millennials will be a bunch of conservatives? Fiscal leanings often trump other early indications IMO. They may have fewer gamblers in their ranks too.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/02/06/investing/millennial-investing/index.html?iid=HP_Highlight
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]