This was predictable

August 10th, 2013 at 1:20:44 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I think the only thing that can be said is that those who protested what happened are just out of touch with their own modern military.

For myself, "don't ask, don't tell" seemed to make a lot of sense. The problem was, apparently, it was understood the real policy was "don't ask, don't tell, and don't reveal non-heterosexual orientation". This proved to be what wouldnt work it seems.

http://news.yahoo.com/totally-offensive-inappropriate-military-reportedly-hosts-drag-queens-135224790.html
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
August 10th, 2013 at 3:27:09 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
I'd be offended too... most drag acts aren't entertaining at all. I got over being entertained by people playing dress up when I was 12, and expect a little more than that.

I guess my sense of humour isn't drag-act humour.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
August 11th, 2013 at 3:46:03 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: TheCesspit
I'd be offended too... I guess my sense of humour isn't drag-act humour.

Concur. This has a lack of propriety beyond the other issues, like having a female strip-tease act for the straights.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
August 11th, 2013 at 7:43:47 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Basically it was "don't flaunt it".

It was the same thing as fraternization between commissioned officers and enlisted personnel. From time to time there would indeed be marriages ... we all know they didn't meet for the first time on the church steps. They conducted themselves discreetly and decided to make it legal.
August 11th, 2013 at 8:41:18 PM permalink
s2dbaker
Threads: 13
I'm not sure how this ties in to Don't Ask Don't Tell. I've seen video (yes, actual video tape that's how old it is) of my friend's sub-tender crossing the equator for the first time in years. Apparently this is some cause for celebration in the Navy. There was a WHOLE lot of drag going on in that footage. This was twenty years ago and pre-dates Don't Ask Don't Tell.
August 12th, 2013 at 9:03:58 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
King Neptune babtizing a sailor when he first crosses the Equator is still done in the yachting community at least for little kids. Don't think it involves anything more than a costumed King Neptune with a Scepter and fake beard and crown. I don't know if any "mermaids" or "King Neptune's Daughters" traditionally attend the festivities aboard larger yachts or what happens on cruise ships.
August 12th, 2013 at 9:13:57 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: Fleastiff
King Neptune babtizing a sailor when he first crosses the Equator is still done in the yachting community at least for little kids. Don't think it involves anything more than a costumed King Neptune with a Scepter and fake beard and crown. I don't know if any "mermaids" or "King Neptune's Daughters" traditionally attend the festivities aboard larger yachts or what happens on cruise ships.

It varies from ship to ship. Watch 80 days around the world with Michael Palin for the version he had to do.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
August 12th, 2013 at 5:02:32 PM permalink
s2dbaker
Threads: 13
Quote: Fleastiff
I would agree with you 100% except that I saw the tape. It was the USS Emory S. Land and it was the in the first half of the 1990s. I remember Shell Back Ceremony.
December 11th, 2014 at 9:04:13 PM permalink
khushfehmi045
Threads: 0
From time to time there would indeed be marriages ... we all know they didn't meet for the first time on the church steps. They conducted themselves discreetly and decided to make it legal...??

--------------------------------
You can get score highest marks in Pass4sure 646-985 dumps exam using fnu.edu .