1 vote (16.66%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (16.66%)
5 votes (83.33%)

6 members have voted

August 31st, 2013 at 12:39:18 PM permalink
s2dbaker
Threads: 13
The New England Patriots cut Tim Tebow, pretty much ending his professional football career.

Tim Tebow would look hotter if grew a beard posed in his underwear.
August 31st, 2013 at 1:45:01 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
How often does a Heisman Trophy winner end up not making it in pro-football?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 31st, 2013 at 1:47:13 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: s2dbaker
Tim Tebow would look hotter if grew a beard posed in his underwear.

It may come to that. Maybe he'll be the next Miley Cyrus.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 31st, 2013 at 2:12:15 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
He'll take up a position as minister in some mega-church. And when he gives a good sermon, he'll celebrate by spiking a chalice :P
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 1st, 2013 at 6:14:07 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
How often does a Heisman Trophy winner end up not making it in pro-football?

That is the part that amazes me, Although more than one QB who was great in college just never made it. Though typically they seem to bounce around as backups a few years since they are good enough to step-in when needed.
The President is a fink.
September 1st, 2013 at 6:06:15 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
That is the part that amazes me, Although more than one QB who was great in college just never made it. Though typically they seem to bounce around as backups a few years since they are good enough to step-in when needed.

QB especially seems to be the biggest jump from the college to the pro game. The style of the game for the college team can be very different, the system designed less for the sheer physicality and speed of the professional game, giving certain QBs much more time and space to do their thing. Like Tebow's option back.

Tebow's biggest problem is his throwing mechanics were terrible, with a horrendous wind up and question accuracy and speed. As a half back he was good, and stretched defences when needed, but just not fast enough on the release in the pro game to be an effective option The God stuff was a distraction, but immaterial really. It appears that 3 years in pro's is not enough to get him to the next level, NFL offences are too conservative in their system.

He doesn't even have the CFL as an out... that rewards passers even more than the NFL, and while he could get out of trouble and read the defences better with the smaller guys, they still tend to athletic enough to take the pass away enough that he relies on a ground attack too much for the 3 down game. I could be wrong... it'd be interesting to see. As interesting as the CFL gets anyways.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
September 1st, 2013 at 7:10:07 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: TheCesspit
QB especially seems to be the biggest jump from the college to the pro game. The style of the game for the college team can be very different, the system designed less for the sheer physicality and speed of the professional game, giving certain QBs much more time and space to do their thing. Like Tebow's option back.

True but I am still a touch surprised he isn't getting interest as a back-up somewhere. Even mediocre QBs get interest as back-ups because after all, you have been on an NFL field a few years and know what to expect. You would think Tebow would draw at least a little interest based on his being a "good example" in league with an increasing felon problem.

It won't matter much as I have dropped from fairly-big fan to very casual fan the last few years. Between the game getting too offensively oriented, thug players, and the production of game coverage changing in ways I just do not care for the NFL has changed from "can't wait until sunday" to "I watch if I am not otherwise busy" for me for the most part.
The President is a fink.
September 1st, 2013 at 7:18:03 PM permalink
s2dbaker
Threads: 13
True but I am still a touch surprised he isn't getting interest as a back-up somewhere.
RG3's knee won't last more than two games. I believe that Tebow will end up at third string QB in DC.
September 2nd, 2013 at 12:18:54 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
True but I am still a touch surprised he isn't getting interest as a back-up somewhere. Even mediocre QBs get interest as back-ups because after all, you have been on an NFL field a few years and know what to expect. You would think Tebow would draw at least a little interest based on his being a "good example" in league with an increasing felon problem.

He has very little upside, and brings a media circus. The latter is in no way his fault. He's no journey man ball tosser, and he doesn't fit easily into an existing scheme out there. NE was a good fit, as Bellichick experiments and innovates in his schemes. But he has to have the multi-tooled talents to fit into it, and it seems he was able to get there.

I don't think this is the last we've seen of Tebow, not because of his off field positives, but because he does know something about NFL QB-ing. But I think to be his best he needs to lead the locker room, but can't do that as back up.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
September 2nd, 2013 at 4:40:55 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
The demands of the position in the NFL are different than those in college. He benefited from a very strong college team and did well, but there was always a question out there about the ability to translate that into the pro ranks. Size, speed, and mechanics matter much more as the game gets quicker at each level. The best athlete in high school football is often the quarterback, but many times they can only make it in college at another position. The NFL narrows the pool of players down from those at hundreds of colleges to a very limited number on a small amount of teams. He just isn't good enough to make the jump to the NFL as a quarterback and stick.

Religion? Not an issue. If he was good enough, he'd be on a team.

On the flip side, there have been a good number seemingly average college quarterbacks make it as back-ups in the NFL. Why? Because they did have the size, speed, and mechanics. At one point, Maryland had a whole group of quarterbacks in the NFL. They were good players but not often Heisman candidates. They were built for the pros.

Tebow will knock around a bit more but maybe he should seriously consider another position.
Page 1 of 3123>