No votes (0%)
1 vote (16.66%)
5 votes (83.33%)

6 members have voted

September 3rd, 2013 at 3:31:35 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: TheCesspit
That's only of the last 25 years. 1/4 of those QBs are still playing, and may win playoff games one day (I'd bet of RGIII to break that duck first).

I hope he does. In fact, I hope he lasts a long time. but that injury late last season was nasty. I woulnd't be surprised if he has a short career.

Quote:
Testaverde won a couple of games in the playoffs, and within that 25 year period the article notes.

Ok. I blame it on the article ;)

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Staubach - Superbowl MVP

Well, he had Tom Landry to help ;)

Quote:
I'd argue the guy who won 3 Grey Cups and still came back to the NFL (and still much respected in the CFL) and the guy in the top 10 all time passing yards DID have an effect on the game.

I'd argue a CFL championship is not worth enough to NFL fans, including the players. Including, in fact, the NFL players who've playe dand won championships in the CFL. otherwise Flutie wouldn't have staged an NFL comeback.

Think about this question a minute: did Jim Mora ever win a championship? ....one minute simulation.... In fact he did. He won a championship with some team in the USFL. But most people would asnwer "No. he never won a Super Bowl." A CFL championship, IMO, is like that comapred to an NFL championship(*)

That aside, Flutie and Testaverde strike me as above-average journeymen QBs, like Charlie Batch or Matt Cassel. Better, as I noted above-average, but far from being close to what was expected of them (perhaps not of Flutie, entirely). If this is the best Tebow can aspire to, that's no small thing, not in absolute terms. In relative terms, as in every NFL hopeful wants to win the Super Bowl and every QB hopeful wants to be the Super Bowl MVP, it's a small thing.

(*) In fact, if you ask "Did Marv Levy ever win a championship?" the answer is that of course he did, several. But that snwer surprises the hell out of NFL fans.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 9th, 2013 at 5:55:30 PM permalink
s2dbaker
Threads: 13
Judging by the performance of RG3 in the first half of this MNF game, I'd say that Tebow will be wearing a Redskin uniform by Tuesday afternoon.
Page 3 of 3<123