Benefits FAIL

October 14th, 2013 at 10:55:06 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
"No charges have been filed". I'm not linking just to send AZ off the deep end; something about that sentence amid this issue has really set me off today, and I'm not one to usually get his panties in a bunch over economics related material.

Anyways... there you have it.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
October 14th, 2013 at 12:02:01 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Face
"No charges have been filed". I'm not linking just to send AZ off the deep end

Well, he's told me more than once, "greed" is good.

I can't see much different between high financers leveraging Wall Street until it breaks, and middle class home owners buying houses over their head and subsequent bankruptcy.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 14th, 2013 at 7:59:11 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
At least the thieves could have reshelved the merchandise instead of leaving over-flowing carts in the aisles.

One holiday a computer opened the doors and turned on the lights at a store in New Zealand that was closed.... shows how much we rely on computers.
October 14th, 2013 at 11:40:14 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Fleastiff
One holiday a computer opened the doors and turned on the lights at a store in New Zealand that was closed.... shows how much we rely on computers.

One day we may really have some sort of massive Y2K thing. I remember how that turned out to be mostly a dud.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 15th, 2013 at 3:57:35 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Face
"No charges have been filed". I'm not linking just to send AZ off the deep end; something about that sentence amid this issue has really set me off today, and I'm not one to usually get his panties in a bunch over economics related material.

Anyways... there you have it.

Already read the story. Greed is good, this was shoplifting.

Anyone who has dealt with people on this level for business should not be surprises at this behavior. America doesn't just have a growing underclass, but the underclass has no "class" in them.
The President is a fink.
October 15th, 2013 at 4:03:20 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: AZDuffman
Anyone who has dealt with people on this level for business should not be surprises at this behavior. America doesn't just have a growing underclass, but the underclass has no "class" in them.
Are wealthier persons different? Played channel roulette awhile ago and saw white, middle-class, SUV driving soccer mom steal from a home construction site at night. When caught she offered to write out a check on the spot, showing that she clearly had the ability to go buy the stuff legally but merely preferred to take a midnight discount.
October 15th, 2013 at 4:49:55 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Fleastiff
Are wealthier persons different? Played channel roulette awhile ago and saw white, middle-class, SUV driving soccer mom steal from a home construction site at night. When caught she offered to write out a check on the spot, showing that she clearly had the ability to go buy the stuff legally but merely preferred to take a midnight discount.

Yes, I think most are. I have said one of my favorite examples before but I will repeat it.

There is a Burger King about a mile and a half from my parent's house. It is in the middle of a slightly above-average boro except that it also sits on the edge of a very large apartment complex. Said complex was nice in the 1960s but has since degraded to poor with a lot of section-8 folks living there. There was even a rumor the feds would buy it and move people from the worst housing project in town to there as the former was getting into bad shape.

Anyways, the Burger King had to pull out the self-serve beverage taps because the locals were milking it blind. People would bring gallon jugs and fill them up. IIRC they cut their pop usage by 5,000 gallons a week after they pulled it. I saw the same thing in another Burger King near where I worked in Phoenix, people not buying food but coming in and filling up, one guy not even wearing a shirt. You do not see this level of behavior among higher-class people.

You can bet this is the same group of people who called the day after Obamacare passage to get their "free health care."
The President is a fink.
October 15th, 2013 at 12:33:13 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
Already read the story. Greed is good, this was shoplifting.

I hope you make no exceptions for greedy union bosses and workers. The greedier the better.

greed -intense and selfish desire for something, esp. wealth, power, or food.