Poll
2 votes (20%)
6 votes (60%)
2 votes (20%)

10 members have voted

October 14th, 2013 at 4:57:50 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
I just received an e-mail from Bill Clinton that says "Let's beat the guy who sued to end Obamacare"

Quote: Bill Clinton
Ken Cuccinelli took legal action against one of the country's best universities (which happened to be his OWN client) because he disagreed with a study on climate change research. He's one of those people who still doesn't believe in global warming.

Oh, and he was the first person in the United States to sue the federal government to overturn the Affordable Care Act.

Inside the e-mail he refers to the Affordable Care Act. But I thought Obamacare was basically a slur. I was surprised to hear President Clinton use the term in writing.
October 14th, 2013 at 5:24:19 PM permalink
s2dbaker
Threads: 13
Quote: Pacomartin
But I thought Obamacare was basically a slur. I was surprised to hear President Clinton use the term in writing.
A slur? Not at all. One of the things that liberals like myself are angling for is to expand and encourage the use of "Obamacare" to describe the ACA. As "Obamacare" kicks in, more and more people are discovering that they like it. My premiums went down over 10% for better coverage (starting in January). I don't like ACA or Affordable Care Act because it sounds like welfare. "Obamacare" sounds a lot better.
October 15th, 2013 at 3:05:17 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Supposedly the administration decided they would start using it too and thus it would not then be a slur.

I don't think it worked.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
October 15th, 2013 at 3:53:11 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
The administration probably decided they like it because Obama always has been a cult of personality and this is what such leaders do, name things after themselves.

So far it has been a disaster. As people find they have to pay higher rates for coverage they do not want or need they may regret doing it.
The President is a fink.
October 15th, 2013 at 3:35:00 PM permalink
s2dbaker
Quote: AZDuffman
The administration probably decided they like it because Obama always has been a cult of personality and this is what such leaders do, name things after themselves.
When conservatives call it Obamacare then it's okay because, you know, Obama. But according to conservatives, if liberals call it Obamacare then it's a cult of personality because, well, Obama. I see only one side here that has the Obama obsession.
So far it has been a disaster. As people find they have to pay higher rates for coverage they do not want or need they may regret doing it.
If by disaster, you mean lower rates for better coverage then give me some more disaster please.
October 15th, 2013 at 5:02:12 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: s2dbaker
When conservatives call it Obamacare then it's okay because, you know, Obama. But according to conservatives, if liberals call it Obamacare then it's a cult of personality because, well, Obama. I see only one side here that has the Obama obsession.

Obama is a cult of personality by any measure. If "Animal Farm" were written today people would say it was about him.

Quote:
If by disaster, you mean lower rates for better coverage then give me some more disaster please.

If you found lower rates and better coverage then you are among the only ones. Heck, if you can even log onto the website it seems you are in a minority.

Anyone calling Obamacare a success would be calling the Hindenburg flight a success because it managed to take off.
The President is a fink.
October 16th, 2013 at 3:21:17 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
.If by disaster, you mean lower rates for better coverage then give me some more disaster please.

lol!
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 16th, 2013 at 5:22:23 PM permalink
s2dbaker
The Daily Currant nails it :)

Quote: The Daily Currant
“Yet the liberal media would have you believe that slavery will help Americans who are going bankrupt and dying in the streets because they can’t afford to pay their doctors and hospital bills. It’s ridiculous.” - guest contributor S.E. Cupp
October 16th, 2013 at 6:40:51 PM permalink
AZDuffman
The Daily Currant nails it :)

Quote: The Daily Currant
“Yet the liberal media would have you believe that slavery will help Americans who are going bankrupt and dying in the streets because they can’t afford to pay their doctors and hospital bills. It’s ridiculous.” - guest contributor S.E. Cupp

If Obamacare is so good, why do we need a law that says we have to purchase it?
The President is a fink.
October 16th, 2013 at 6:45:50 PM permalink
s2dbaker
If Obamacare is so good, why do we need a law that says we have to purchase it?
When there's a law that says that you have to purchase Obamacare then I'll tell you. Until then, I'll wonder what you're talking about.
Page 1 of 41234>