2 votes (20%)
6 votes (60%)
2 votes (20%)

10 members have voted

October 17th, 2013 at 3:32:33 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: s2dbaker
When there's a law that says that you have to purchase Obamacare then I'll tell you. Until then, I'll wonder what you're talking about.

Uh, it is called the Affordable Care Act. It says I must purchase an approved plan.

So I ask again, if Obamacare is such a good idea, why do we need a law demanding I participate?
The President is a fink.
October 17th, 2013 at 3:45:11 AM permalink
s2dbaker
Threads: 13
Quote: AZDuffman
Uh, it is called the Affordable Care Act. It says I must purchase an approved plan.

So I ask again, if Obamacare is such a good idea, why do we need a law demanding I participate?
So now you've gone from having to buy Obamacare to having to "participate" by purchasing health insurance. Those are two different things. Then I'll answer your question with another question. If car insurance is such a good idea then why do we need a law demanding that I buy it?
October 17th, 2013 at 4:57:10 AM permalink
AZDuffman
So now you've gone from having to buy Obamacare to having to "participate" by purchasing health insurance. Those are two different things. Then I'll answer your question with another question. If car insurance is such a good idea then why do we need a law demanding that I buy it?

Having to buy approved health insurance is a core piece of the Obamacare plan. Also called "Individual Mandate." Because of this mandate I have to buy pediatric insurance, maternity insurance, and substance abuse insurance I have no desire to purchase. I have to buy "preventive coverage" that might just be less expensive for me to pay the doctor direct.

There is no law that requires you buy "car insurance."

There is a law requiring you purchase L-I-A-B-I-L-I-T-Y insurance. This is so if you cause an accident or damage the other guy can be made whole. You are free to crash your car and have no insurance on it.
The President is a fink.
October 17th, 2013 at 5:25:21 PM permalink
s2dbaker
Think of Obamacare as L-I-A-B-I-L-I-T-Y insurance for your life. You have to buy an insurance policy so that I don't have to pay with my taxes for your trips to the emergency room for your cancer treatments.

If school taxes are such a good idea then why do we need a law demanding that I pay it!!
October 17th, 2013 at 8:38:54 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Think of Obamacare as L-I-A-B-I-L-I-T-Y insurance for your life. You have to buy an insurance policy so that I don't have to pay with my taxes for your trips to the emergency room for your cancer treatments.

A comparison only a low information voter would believe. By definition, insurance on yourself is not liability insurance. And I don't believe many people go to the emergency room for cancer treatments, I doubt they even offer them through an emergency room.

And as I have said before, Obamacare requires I buy coverages it would be impossible for me to use such as maternity and pediatric. This is like asking your neighbor to buy auto insurance when he doesn't even own a car.

Quote:
If school taxes are such a good idea then why do we need a law demanding that I pay it!!

Really?
The President is a fink.
October 18th, 2013 at 4:23:16 PM permalink
s2dbaker
Really!
November 28th, 2014 at 8:01:47 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
note the asteriks

I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 28th, 2014 at 12:56:55 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: odiousgambit
note the asteriks

True Logic.
I have a good job with a huge company. (We are a Dow company)
I'll have health insurance regardless.
Its not designed for people like me who have worked hard my whole life with a good job.
I support the ACA because I care for people less fortunate then me and want them to have access to healthcare.
There are many just like me.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 28th, 2014 at 5:14:10 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: terapined

I support the ACA because I care for people less fortunate then me and want them to have access to healthcare.

And what about those who lost the coverage they liked and now have price increase because Obama told them their Kia policy they liked just fine is no good and they now need an Audi policy with coverage they do not need or have to pay a fine?

BTW: They had access to healthcare, you do not need insurance for access to healthcare.
The President is a fink.
November 30th, 2014 at 3:29:39 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: AZDuffman
they now need an Audi policy with coverage they do not need

oh, be quiet. If I get pregnant now I've got it made!
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
Page 2 of 4<1234>