Funny car ad

October 18th, 2013 at 10:57:04 AM permalink
theodores
Threads: 2
October 18th, 2013 at 3:43:25 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Ha! Excellent ad, so I suppose I should say thanks for comparing it to anything I've written.

Having spent so many recent hours on CL, I gotta give the guy a hand. Too many of them are dull, uninformative, and full of terrible grammar. His had everything you need to know, was well written, and was actually entertaining. If I needed a Jeep, I'd buy his out of principle =)
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
October 19th, 2013 at 7:47:56 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
-Does the 4WD work?
Hell yes. Like a Dickensian Orphan.

- Funny line that reveals that despite his assumed persona, he has some education.

In college my roomate and I spent a week in the backwoods of Canada where we bathed in the rivers. The car we were driving had over 150K miles and we had our hair in bandanas. I was a lot skinnier back then.

We picked up a drunk hitch hiker who fell asleep in the backseat of the car. For some reason we were discussing the American philosopher with the surname James and I accidentally called him Henry James. From the backseat comes this voice that correctly points out that Henry James was the 19th century British author who wrote the Turn of the Screw, and I was thinking of William James, the 19th century American philosopher.
October 20th, 2013 at 2:19:48 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Pacomartin
From the backseat comes this voice that correctly points out that Henry James was the 19th century British author who wrote the Turn of the Screw, and I was thinking of William James, the 19th century American philosopher.

Now they'd think you were talking about a character
on Star Trek.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 20th, 2013 at 2:36:10 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
"If you have been posting on facebook all about how excited you are for pumpkin latte season: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU."

That is so hilarious. Every fall there are guys in my
wife's family that get all excited that pumpkin latte's
are back. Yes, they're straight, but a couple of them
color their toenails. I kid you not.

"If you consider the 2nd Amendment an anachronistic relic and have never owned a firearm: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU."

LOL!

"Remember when tool companies had the balls to put half-naked beauty queens on their calendars?"

My mechanic, who's 60, still has one in his garage. He gets
complaints from women all the time. He doesn't care. He
turns away business because he has too much now. Men
love this guy.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.