Lorde vs. Cocker

October 24th, 2013 at 2:06:12 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
I noticed people were commenting on the strange way this singer moves and her expressions, then I realized what it reminded me of. There's a bonus of misheard lyrics on the Cocker video.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 24th, 2013 at 2:25:21 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Don't care... I love the album and she could look like a bag of smashed crabs trying to escape a blender for all it matter to here voice and music. Singers... sing. It goes in my ears, not in my eyes.

She's only 16, a Kiwi and incredibly mature for her age in her attitude to music.

EDIT : A Joe Cocker is also awesome.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
February 17th, 2014 at 5:37:39 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: TheCesspit
Don't care... I love the album and she could look like a bag of smashed crabs trying to escape a blender for all it matter to here voice and music. Singers... sing. It goes in my ears, not in my eyes.

She's only 16, a Kiwi and incredibly mature for her age in her attitude to music.

EDIT : A Joe Cocker is also awesome.

I note that Ms Lorde has done rather well for herself recently.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
February 24th, 2014 at 2:31:56 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: TheCesspit
I note that Ms Lorde has done rather well for herself recently.

Had not been aware of Lorde before I saw her on the Grammys. (Self-admitted Fogey.) Didn't bother to watch her. Just closed my eyes and went, "Oh, my". That is some serious ear-candy right there. Will be buying her albums.

First song ever performed in public with my all-girl band at 18: "Feelin' Alright". Joe Cocker (2 chords; hard to mess up, nearly impossible to sing well). "you are so beautiful" had me in tears back then, too.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has