Yet another fashion thread

Page 1 of 212>
October 29th, 2012 at 9:35:08 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
So I guess I'll be moving this here, too....

I placed an order at a Chinese online company called Sammydress the Saturday before last. It took its sweet time being processed (I think those places function more as wholesale), then was finally shipped last Saturday Oct. 27th. It's neat following a package across continents online. I should receive it today or tomorrow, I hope.

Also last Saturday I placed an order at another Chinese company, this one's based in Hong Kong. I did so because they sent me a 20% off coupon and they offer free postal shipping. So basically I'm getting a pair of leggings free :) We'll see how long processing and shipping takes. I estimate delivery late in November.

I'll post some mroe links to Pinterest feeds this evening.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
October 30th, 2012 at 2:15:56 PM permalink
Nareed
As I said, tracking a package is neat.

According to DHL, it was delivered about a half hour ago. The thing is I don't recognize the anme of the person who signed for it, but it's probably one of the security guys in the building. I live in a complex of three appartment buildings, you see, and there are always two security guards on duty. mostly they open the main gate and receive and sort the newspapers and mail.

I can hardly wait to get home. and there's also a new Big Bang episode today :)
October 30th, 2012 at 8:28:30 PM permalink
Nareed
I got the package today!!!!

The nighty is a bit shorter than I expected, and a bit tighter than I was lead to believe from the measurements on the website (translation, their sizes run small).

The wigs are great! And SOOOOOO cheap! The most expensive was $10.50 (plus shipping). That's a real bargain. The fibers are good quality. Not up there with premium synthetics that almost feel like human hair, but very good. The look is wonderful and the feel is nice. They come packed in ziplock-type bags, with a little cardboard frame around them. Also, three of them came with a wig cap. That was a nice, unexpected plus.

I'll post an updated link to my Pinterest "In my closet" board shortly.

Overall I'm very satisfied with Sammydress, even if they take their time processing the order.
October 30th, 2012 at 9:01:00 PM permalink
Nareed
Here:

http://pinterest.com/ladynareed/in-my-closet/
October 31st, 2012 at 8:47:05 AM permalink
boopsahoy
Threads: 1
Quote: Nareed

I love the skirt with the fabric roses-beautiful! I love shopping on line -every day is Christmas!
October 31st, 2012 at 9:43:19 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: boopsahoy
I love the skirt with the fabric roses-beautiful! I love shopping on line -every day is Christmas!

Isn't it beautiful? That skirt got me into looking at Chinese websites to begin with. I'll definitely be showing it off in WoVCon ]I[ next year!
November 28th, 2012 at 6:15:28 PM permalink
Nareed
Quote: Nareed
We'll see how long processing and shipping takes. I estimate delivery late in November.

Said and done. I received the clothes Tuesday 27th, the last week of November.

Alas, I've been working rather late and have been too tired even to try them on...
July 10th, 2013 at 7:57:04 AM permalink
Nareed
I found a great deal on an online store, namely Daily Look, as they offered free itnernational shipping for a limited time (this is really rare for US companies), they had a sale going on, and they sent out a 30% off coupon.

Now, to qualify for the free shipping, the order had to be $150. But I dind't want to spend that much. So I quit when I had about $152 before the discount. I clicked on checkout and applied the discount. To my pleasant surprise, the free shipping held. So I paid $106 or so for an order that would run me, on sale, $152 plus at least $15-$25 shipping!

Better yet, the order was placed on Sunday Jun 30th. It shipped via USPS on Wednesday July 3rd, right before the holiday weekend. I expected to receive it sometime next week. It arrived yesterday! Work loads must be really down at the post office if they can deliver so quickly.

I'll post links to my Pinterest board later.
November 8th, 2013 at 9:26:06 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
I suppose this is my only hope lol

Are there any sort of boots that can be worn with a suit? As I look across the water to the shores of Canada, I can almost see the knife edges in that winter air, and these dress shoes ain't cutting it. But, being who I am, the only boots I even know of only look in place in a swamp or in a steel mill. I'm far, far removed from being fashion forward, but even I can tell that those types will not do.

So what of it? Is there such a thing as a warm, snow appropriate "dress boot"? My feets is freezing!
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
November 8th, 2013 at 10:04:46 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: Face
I suppose this is my only hope lol

Are there any sort of boots that can be worn with a suit?

It depends.

Cowboy boots are acceptable with a suit if you wear a bolo tie and are in Texas (or if you're just in Texas).

Otherwise no. But if your pants cover the boots, so it's not immediately obvious you're wearing them, then it doesn't look so bad.
Page 1 of 212>