of dark red wine. In a big pan I cooked
5 boneless chicken thighs in oil for 2 min
a side. Added the sauce and covered. Cooked
on low heat 45 min.

Oh my dear god. A glass of wine, a big hunk
of Italian bread, I was going crazy it was so
good. So good, in fact, that I have a slow
cooker of it going right now that will last
me 3 days, with the leftovers from last night.
I've made this before but never with puree.
The blend of the puree and spices and wine
is from heaven.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 2nd, 2017 at 6:12:09 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Would a menu of tomato, carrot and ginger soup feel too repetitive if the entrée was chicken cordon blue with tomato sauce?

If not, what soup can I make?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 2nd, 2017 at 7:34:53 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
It sure sounds repetitive. Perhaps serve a slice of pickled ginger between courses to cleanse the palatte? I don't know what other soup to suggest but would think just about any might be a better idea.
March 3rd, 2017 at 6:43:05 PM permalink
Nareed
Seeing how late it will be before we leave today, plus how late we left every day this week(*), and how much non-essential work piled up in the meantime, I think I'll just make pasta soup. I won't have the patience or the energy to blanche, peel and core tomatoes over the weekend.

(*) Except Monday, but the traffic was brutal. When is traffic brutal? When it takes me close to 100 minutes to traverse 7 miles.
March 24th, 2017 at 8:23:44 PM permalink
Nareed
I like mixing peanut butter with yogurt, but regular PB doesn't mix well. When I make my own and do it a bit runny (ie too much oil), it does mix better, but I've grown weary of cleaning the food processor afterwards.

So I thought I would just pulverize some peanuts, no oil, and mix them with the yogurt. We'll see. That would be a lot easier to clean, too.
April 10th, 2017 at 8:07:59 AM permalink
Nareed
Despite my solemn vow never again to even look at ground chicken, I made chicken croquettes with tomato sauce over the weekend.

It helps not to handle the stuff too much. I didn't mix it with egg or vegetables this time. It also helps to wear gloves. Seriously, instead of picking bits of chicken from under your fingernails, you just take the gloves off and throw them in the trash (yes, I use disposable gloves).

I also made potatoes with garlic, but on a pan rather than in the oven. It turns out that even with oil, the potatoes love to stick to hot Teflon. Cleaning that up was laborious and tedious. Next time I'm using a ceramic pan.
April 10th, 2017 at 10:01:59 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Nareed
Despite my solemn vow never again to even look at ground chicken, I made chicken croquettes with tomato sauce over the weekend.

My wife is on a low carb diet but she was in the mood for pizza. She Googled a recipe for the pizza that uses ground chicken in place of the crust. She rolled the ground chicken out to approximately 3/8th's of an inch thickness and baked it until it crisped up. She then let it cool and added her normal pizza toppings and placed it back in the oven.

I'm not sure that I would say it was good, but it wasn't bad. I would eat it again if she made it.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 10th, 2017 at 10:35:54 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: DRich
My wife is on a low carb diet but she was in the mood for pizza.

I think by calories regular pizza is about 90% non-carb.

Quote:
She Googled a recipe for the pizza that uses ground chicken in place of the crust.

Tell her to google "meatza" next time.

Quote:
I'm not sure that I would say it was good, but it wasn't bad. I would eat it again if she made it.

In all seriousness (and meatza is a thing), next time look up recipes for Chicken Parmesan. Just omit the breading and add toppings. No need to mess with ground chicken.
April 10th, 2017 at 3:02:01 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Most pizza dough barely qualifies as a food stuff fit for human consumption. All those dough conditioners and stabilizers make things unhealthy.
Now as to taste... well, we all have priorities.
April 10th, 2017 at 3:10:01 PM permalink
Nareed
For the record, I once made thin beef strips topped with tomato sauce, cheese and pepperoni. Just the once. it was merely ok.

I've also seen "pizza" recipes using cauliflower (ground, molded and baked) as a base. But I've never made one.