Cooking thread

January 23rd, 2018 at 6:54:57 AM permalink
OnceDear
Member since: Nov 21, 2017
Threads: 6
Posts: 785
Quote: kenarman
I enjoy your moral dilemmas but most people seem not to like such things pointed out.
Good that someone has a sense of humour. 'Most people' can just ignore my silly posts.

Now, back to the subject of food:-

I've just joined the gym and started a diet. While on the running machine, I noticed that it displays calories burned. So that got me thinking: 'How far do I have to walk briskly ( i don't do running) to burn off one bourbon biscuit? Naturally, I googled it on my phone, but I was walking briskly so I mis-typed the query and ended up discovering the calories in a Bourbon Whiskey

Roughly 100 calories in a shot of Bourbon Whiskey
Roughly 67 calories in a Bourbon biscuit.
Walking briskly for 30 minutes burns about 200 Calories.

So. Regime change for next gym session: Instead of eating 6 bourbon biscuits for breakfast, I'll drink 4 shots of Jack Daniels and walk for an hour.
Or better still, I'll drink 6 shots of JD and join the ladies aerobics class $:o)

Seriously. I love my food and love the odd drinkies and I'm struggling desperately to get fit. Any suggestions for a healthy regime and some healthy tasty recipes?
Don't suggest sport or samba classes as I really cannot be arsed.
January 23rd, 2018 at 7:32:47 AM permalink
JimRockford
Member since: Sep 18, 2015
Threads: 2
Posts: 426
I vowed to abstain from sweets for January. Aside from one moment of weakness at a dinner celebrating my son's job promotion I have been successful. But January keeps dragging on, must be the longest month of the year.
Where is Joseph Mifsud?
January 23rd, 2018 at 8:22:36 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Member since: Oct 27, 2012
Threads: 54
Posts: 6400
Sweets, or go to that female aerobics class and drag one up to your suite. What matters is the quality of the nutrients,.

Take a good measure of vitamins and a decent meal . Lower the thermostat two degrees and your body will work to keep you warm, Walk briskly and your body will work to keep it cool, You just keep the vitamins enzymes and water there your body will do the rest,

You want whisky? That's fine but have a steak first. And a vitamin pill.

Neither Bourbon or Bourbon Biscuits have much in the way of vitamins, just calories. So take either depending on your tolerance for DUIs,,

Walk to the cabinet and take the vitamins, have a water chaser with the bourbon,
January 23rd, 2018 at 8:49:48 AM permalink
OnceDear
Member since: Nov 21, 2017
Threads: 6
Posts: 785
Quote: JimRockford
But January keeps dragging on, must be the longest month of the year.
Tell me about it. Not had a drink since New Years Eve, and not having one till Feb, or trump's demise, whichever comes sooner.
Sorry to pollute the thread, forget I said that last bit :o)

Note to FBI and Homeland Security.... Nothing to see here.
Note to admins: Sorry if the FBI raid you . Hope nobody ( from your team ) gets shot.

$;o)
January 23rd, 2018 at 8:53:23 AM permalink
terapined
Member since: Aug 6, 2014
Threads: 44
Posts: 4153
Quote: JimRockford
I vowed to abstain from sweets for January. Aside from one moment of weakness at a dinner celebrating my son's job promotion I have been successful. But January keeps dragging on, must be the longest month of the year.

I have given up soft drink soda
My go to drink is now gatorade
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 23rd, 2018 at 8:54:48 AM permalink
OnceDear
Member since: Nov 21, 2017
Threads: 6
Posts: 785
Quote: Fleastiff
Sweets, or go to that female aerobics class and drag one up to your suite. What matters is the quality of the nutrients,.

Take a good measure of vitamins and a decent meal . Lower the thermostat two degrees and your body will work to keep you warm, Walk briskly and your body will work to keep it cool, You just keep the vitamins enzymes and water there your body will do the rest,

You want whisky? That's fine but have a steak first. And a vitamin pill.

Neither Bourbon or Bourbon Biscuits have much in the way of vitamins, just calories. So take either depending on your tolerance for DUIs,,

Walk to the cabinet and take the vitamins, have a water chaser with the bourbon,

Thanks for the tips. Actually, turning the heating off, sounds like a plan.

If I dragged away one of the aerobics ladies, my wife would help me with the weight loss to the extent of removing my 'meat and two veg' with a rusty carving knife.
February 12th, 2018 at 9:56:17 AM permalink
Nareed
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 345
Posts: 12535
I've taken to mixing corn flakes with Greek yogurt as desert and/or a snack.

The other day i wondered: how about cornflakes with lime and hot sauce?

Well, surprisingly good.
Donald Trump is a fucking liar
February 12th, 2018 at 2:34:38 PM permalink
Evenbob
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 121
Posts: 15576
I mix avocado with cocoa powder and hot sauce,
you'd never know avocado was there unless you
were told. For some reason raw cocoa goes well
with hot sauce. All 3 of these things are high in
antioxidants.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 12th, 2018 at 5:44:17 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Member since: Oct 27, 2012
Threads: 54
Posts: 6400
Quote: Evenbob
. All 3 of these things are high in antioxidants.
Everything is these days its the latest fad. Even Martinis have been described as being high in antioxidants.
Anyone know how to make the taste of coconut water?
March 9th, 2018 at 4:33:04 PM permalink
Nareed
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 345
Posts: 12535
What do you think would go better with fritos, 1) tomato sauce, 2) creamy mushroom sauce?
Donald Trump is a fucking liar