Threads: 346
I figured it out :)

Olive oil
1 Large onion cut in large pieces
1 clove garlic, minced
Ground black pepper
Soy sauce
Balsamic vinegar
1.5-2 lt. chicken broth (or water and bouillon cubes)
A pinch of fine herbs, crushed.
4 Potatoes, cubed (in small pieces)
Cottage cheese
2 tsp corn starch in 1/4 cup cold water.

Ok, I quit measuring exact amounts some time ago.

in a soup pot, saute the onion in olive oil until it's brown(ish) and/or very soft, season with pepper to taste as you go. Next add the garlic, soy sauce (abt 1 tbsp.) and balsamic vinegar (say maybe 1/4 cup), and keep heating for about a minute. Add chicken broth or water and bring to a slow boil at low heat. When it begins to boil, add the potatoes. Stir. Add fine herbs. Stir again Cover and let the potatoes cook. When the potatoes are nearly cooked, take a couple of ladlefuls of soup, mix that with the cottage cheese in a blender and liquefy the lot. Add the blended mix back to the pot and stir. Add the dissolved cornstarch and stir. let it all boil again, uncovered, then simmer for a few minutes.

Creamy onion and potato soup. Yum.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
April 16th, 2018 at 5:55:01 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Finally got an air fryer. I don't know what all
hoopla is about, it's just a small convection
oven and I already have one. The air fryer
dries the crap out of everything, it's going
back to Target..

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 21st, 2018 at 2:52:17 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Just when you are in an adventurous mood... you learn Grasshopper Pie don't got no grasshoppers in it. Its just green that's all.
April 27th, 2018 at 9:22:21 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
I had a really unconventional idea, which I'll be trying out this weekend. Stay tuned.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
July 8th, 2018 at 1:36:41 PM permalink
Fleastiff
so I made chicken salad for sandwiches on this 'ancient bread' which contains quinona and teff and amaranth in amounts less than the ink it takes to print those words on the label

I used a can of chicken, four dollops of mayonnaise, pepper, cinnamon, turmeric and a packet from that ramen stuff. Why does it taste so awful?
July 8th, 2018 at 1:59:39 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Fleastiff
used a can of chicken, four dollops of mayonnaise, pepper, cinnamon, turmeric and a packet from that ramen stuff.

The ramen crap, it's death in a packet.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 9th, 2018 at 6:02:58 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: Fleastiff
so I made chicken salad for sandwiches on this 'ancient bread' which contains quinona and teff and amaranth in amounts less than the ink it takes to print those words on the label

I used a can of chicken, four dollops of mayonnaise, pepper, cinnamon, turmeric and a packet from that ramen stuff. Why does it taste so awful?
YECH!
July 9th, 2018 at 1:46:13 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: Evenbob
The ramen crap, it's death in a packet.
As far as health is concerned, I would tend to agree with your sentiments but I was more focusing on taste. I used it to enhance the flavor but the concoction tasted utterly awful, as, of course, does most of my cooking since my culinary skill set seems to rival my mathematical skill set.
July 9th, 2018 at 5:40:44 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I like Ramen and think it tastes good. Because my blood pressure averages 180/120 I won't argue its' health consequences.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 9th, 2018 at 5:42:51 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: DRich
I like Ramen

You mean you like salt and
MSG, that's what you get a
lot of in ramen.